Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native quit working after hard drive clone, error 8207

ArtieJ

Readers finding this post:  originally I thought the VST host program SaviHost may have been being picky about Helix Native.

Somewhere in all my actions the problem was resolved, so read through and glean what you can.

=============================================================================================

WIndows 10 64 bit, using VST3 version.  Worked since last April, suddenly broke. 

I can load other VST3s in SaviHost and they work.

I updated HN to 3.51, no change.  SaviHost doesn't have an installer, but I re-downloaded it anyway.  Didn't make a difference.

Attached is a screen shot of the error.

Anyone had this before?
As I say, I've updated, reinstalled, etc, but no change.

I guess my next move will be to try another VST host program If no one has any ideas.

helix_native_savihost.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 9:54 PM, ArtieJ said:

Anyone had this before?

Hi,

if you check you screenshot you can see the error is [code -8127] - a quick search will reveal this has happened on many occasions.

To save lots of time re-typing the same things over, and over again - go here and read this:- 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

I went down that check list, the problem is at step 4 "reinstall and activate Helix Native". 

It installs fine, the file is correctly located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Line 6\Helix Native (x64).vst3. 

But when I load the vst3 file into Savihost it immediate goes to the same error.

I also checked all the links on that page. A few things were mentioned but nothing panned out. 

On all of the installs I never checked the AAX option.

I tried the trick where you Disable WIFI, launch your DAW and insert Helix Native on a track. 

Then the login page is supposed to pop up but it doesn't, I just get the same error.
Another mention was about the system disk drive needs to be Disk 0 and it already is.
I went through the de-authorize re-authorize computer process yet again.  Same error.

So if anyone knows any other tricks, please report here.

On 1/25/2023 at 9:54 PM, ArtieJ said:

WIndows 10 64 bit, using VST3 version.  Worked since last April, suddenly broke.

Hi again,

O.K. I feel that I’m missing something here. 

In the first post you have said - Worked since last April, suddenly broke.”  

What you didn’t say is, what has changed in you workflow for things to become “suddenly broke”.

Later in that first post you state -I updated HN to 3.51, no change”. 

This seems indicate to me that this issue was not caused by Helix Native 3.51, but prior to that, but you didn’t provide any real clues.

Did you actually mean that this issue started with the 3.50 version, or prior to that?

When trying to troubleshoot this stuff, it’s a great help to have as much relevant information as possible to clarify the situation. For example - “suddenly broke” wouldn’t mean much to an auto mechanic who set out looking for an electrical fault only to find a fuel line blockage.

I was using version 3.15 since last April or thereabouts.  Last week the problem started. 

I then updated to 3.51 to see if it would fix the problem, but so far nothing has helped.

All I know is I can still load other vst3s in Savihost and Studio One and they work.

I was wondering if there were other deep system settings that may cause a problem  besides the appdata roaming folder files.

Something in the registry?  A permissions settings?

I did have a hard drive boot problem last month but was able to rescue the disk and then used Clonezilla to create a new system disk and that's what I'm using now.

So far, other programs I've tested using the new disk have not had any problems. 

I'm starting to wonder if the disk rescue/clone procedure messed up something that has affected this particular program.

I didn't think that likely so I didn't include it in the original post info.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, ArtieJ said:

I'm starting to wonder if the disk rescue/clone procedure messed up something that has affected this particular program.

Hi,

In my previous reply I asked - “what has changed in your workflow for things to become “suddenly broke”? 

Hmm… well, I’m a Mac Pilot, not Windows, but from your reply it would seem to indicate something screwed up with this hard drive problem which you didn’t mention originally.

Now you state that you have been using Helix Native 3.15 for around 9 months without any problems. Then, later you say that you had “a hard drive boot problem last month”. Also, you say that “last week the problem started”. Then you updated to 3.51 in an attempt to fix the issue, but that failed.

Looking at this series of events, what would you think is the fault? My best guess is that your other VST3 plug-ins, etc. are not as fussy as HXN for copy protection!

Here is a similar problem on a Mac where the guy was using Migration Assistant to move his stuff to a new machine (hard drive) - you will need to completely uninstall Native and start from scratch.

This is the link for the solution on the Mac - should be very similar on your PC, if not search though the previous posts on here for the Windows routine - if you don’t find it - contact Customer Support.

• Upvote 1

Not much help since it's related to mac os, but I did find one post where somebody used the free version of CCleaner to clean registry flotsam, so I tried that.

Uninstalled Helix Native.

Removed the appdata/roaming/line 6/Helix Native folder.

Restart computer.

Used CCleaner Free.

Restart computer.

Reinstall Helix Native.

and...

same error.

Tried de-authorize and reauthorize again for fun.  No change.

Submitted a support ticket and will wait for their input.  I'm tired.

So do you think Helix Native copy protection is a little too fussy, since ALL of my other plugins work?

I mean, I'm a legitimate owner, it just seems to me that their programmers buried something so ridiculously deep in the windows system files. 

Hey, a few people may not be able to use the program at all after an innocent system backup, but by gosh they won't get away with making any kind of copy!

Thanks for your time.

On 1/28/2023 at 8:52 PM, ArtieJ said:

So do you think Helix Native copy protection is a little too fussy, since ALL of my other plugins work?

Hi,

Well, it’s not just me -there is this from Line6Tony:-

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/recording/helix-native/migrating-helix-native-preset-library-to-new-computer-hardware-r1004/

• Upvote 1

Hi, this is a very annoying problem that happens when something "core" changes in the system. Like for example after a big Windows Update, and yes, also after a Native upgrade (sigh).

Have you tried this? (this is coming from official L6 support)

1. Disable WiFi (even with a wired connection present)
2. Launch your DAW (blank session)
3. Insert Helix Native on a track. The login page should pop up (if it doesn't, check in the lower left hand corner of the plugin).
4. Turn on WiFi.
5. When you sign in, Native gets reauthorized.

• Upvote 1

PierM, sorry, I mentioned in my 4th post I had tried that and it didn't help.

But, good news!
I didn't wipe or toss my old hard drive.  Windows 10 still boots and Helix Native works on it.  I did the Export Bundle in Presets/IR as suggested in datacommando's last link.
So back to the new hard drive.
When I go to Preferences the Presets/IRs tab is grayed out so I can't access the Import Bundle function.
The only things available is Show/hide name labels, Restore Factory settings and CLOSE.  Restore Factory settings doesn't seem to do anything.

I clicked on My Account and saw that "Sign In" was available, so I did that.
A message came up:
"This is the first time you have opened Helix Native.  Factory presets are being installed to your library.  etc..."
So it's working!
I then imported the bundle saved from the old hard drive and got my user presets back.
Rebooted Windows a couple of times, all looks stable.

Thank you datacommando for your patience and help.

I updated the thread title for future searchers.

• Upvote 2

• ArtieJ changed the title to Helix Native quit working after hard drive clone, error 8207