Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp volume loss...stereo issue?

julianlovescats

So I was messing around with my HX Stomp. I was just building some presets like any other day, when all of sudden the volume dropped 95%. I can barely hear anything. However I have noticed when I add certain effects at the end of a chain, the volume will come back. When I power off that effect, the volume will drop. These effects that bring back the volume all appear to be stereo effects. This is on all presets.

I am running my HX Stomp into my MacBook using HXEdit. I am using headphones from the Stomp so theres nothing in the outputs. Guitar is plugged into left/mono input. I never messed with any global settings. Any ideas?

Thanks!

On 1/26/2023 at 5:57 AM, julianlovescats said:

So I was messing around with my HX Stomp. I was just building some presets like any other day, when all of sudden the volume dropped 95%. I can barely hear anything. However I have noticed when I add certain effects at the end of a chain, the volume will come back. When I power off that effect, the volume will drop. These effects that bring back the volume all appear to be stereo effects. This is on all presets.

I am running my HX Stomp into my MacBook using HXEdit. I am using headphones from the Stomp so theres nothing in the outputs. Guitar is plugged into left/mono input. I never messed with any global settings. Any ideas?

Thanks!

On 1/26/2023 at 9:49 PM, julianlovescats said:

I tried erasing everything but that didn't fix the issue. Also restored a recent backup but also didn't help. This seems like it would be an easy fix.

Hi,

First up - Is your HX Stomp running the latest 3.50 firmware? If it is - after installation did you preform a factory reset as per the Release Notes recommendation? If not - do it now, to see if this fixes the problem.

Also, check the HX Stomp 3.0 Owner’s Manual - page 21 - Block Order and Stereo Imaging.

Furthermore - when you are describing weird and bizarre things happening to your presets, it’s great help if you upload a copy of the preset that you are having this issue with. Having in example preset would allow other users to check it out on their hardware to see if they can track down the cause.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

When weird things happens, it's always a good practice to break down the problem into smaller parts. In your case means unplugging the HX Stomp from everything (so no Mac, no HX Edit, nothing but the HX Stomp alone).

Now try doing the same preset directly on the unit, starting from a blank preset.

If it works like I think, means something were happening within HX Edit (maybe just user errors).

Also, test stock presets. If those are working, then it's something odd you are doing while editing.

• Upvote 1