Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor - 3.51 Firmware update disabled my USB Audio I/O on Windows 8.1 laptop

stevekc

Helix Floor  - 3.51 Firmware update disabled my USB Audio I/O on Windows 8.1 laptop

No ASIO either  - tried reinstalling the USB Driver  - machine Device Manager reports Helix is connected  - but none of my DAW apps (ASIO) or Windows Sound manager can locate the Helix as a sound I/O device  

this all used to work on Helix Firmware 3.15 

It's the singular Fw 3.51 update which includes HXEDIT 3.51 , USB Audio drivers , etc broke on my win8.1 machine  no USB Audio anymore

RETRIED on  Win10 laptop and all works -except HX Edit ( which is only thing that worked on my Win8.1 machine 

Seems the installer clobbered drivers 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:52 PM, stevekc said:

Helix Floor  - 3.51 Firmware update disabled my USB Audio I/O on Windows 8.1 laptop

Hi,

First up - There is NO version 3.51 firmware for the Helix!

There is a 3.51 update to HX Edit and Helix Native - it was release to fix bugs in those particular applications. See the Release Notes for each item.

The firmware for all the hardware remains at v.3.50

I’m a Mac user and have no issues with USB Audio on my system, therefore I have no idea what is causing this on your Windows machine 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

It kind of brings into question how you installed it when you say you ran the installer.  Typically you simply download and run the install of the appropriate HXEdit version and everything else is automatic.

What does Windows show as your active sound device driver when you plug into the Helix and the Helix is turned on?  It should show '(Speakers) Line 6 Helix' or something like that...at least it does on Windows 10.  If it shows anything else it may be that your Windows isn't automatically switching over to the Helix driver.  You may have something configured differently in your device manager so take a look there and make sure it's showing all the various device drivers for your configuration available.  I'm on Windows 10 and I haven't had any problems with it switching from the PC internal sound device to Helix ASIO when I turn on my Helix, although I do need to manually select Helix ASIO when in my DAW (Ableton LIve) if it wasn't turned on when I started the DAW.  I haven't had to do any manual loading of the Helix ASIO driver in any of the updates as that's taken care of by the install if you follow the correct procedure in the software release info page.

• Upvote 1