Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Integrating ToneX with iPad and AUM

rd2rk

With IK's impending release of the ToneX pedal, I decided to see if we really need to spend $500 on another pedal.

Many of us already have an iPad and ToneX, so why not?

I now have Helix pre and post Fx and MIDI working with ToneX in AUM on my iPad Air.
Full integration accomplished!

It'll take some work to make it practical to use, and I still have to manually load the ToneX models/presets, but first attempts have resulted in the ability to use a single toggling CC to simultaneously lower GAIN and raise VOLUME and vice versa. That means that I can create a preset for each (manually selected) ToneX model/preset and control up to 8 parameter settings using snapshots.

Now that I know that I can do this with Helix, I know that I can also use the FCB/UNO2 to do the MIDI part. But that requires programming, and I won't start on that until I've got it all working from Helix. Eventually I'll create a How-To guide, but that's a ways down the road.

Meanwhile, I'll keep working on the Helix integration as time allows. Life, and all that good stuff...

• Upvote 2