Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp hiss with tube amp

dainis718

I have an problem. I played for years with hx stomp live, connecting it with a poweramp, and running it through a cab. Had no problems. But now i bought a Marshall JVM410h and wanted to connect it with hx stomp with 4cbl method. And i get a exesive hiss. Even when i connect it just in front of the amp. But when i put it in analog bypass the hissing stops. How to solve this. 

Heres a video i recorded.

Just to confirm, does this happen on ALL of your presets?  Or just some of them?

Please check the settings on your input and output and report them here.

Please also check it with another amplifier if one is available.

If not, maybe you have a friend whose amp you can try it on?

If it still happens on another amp and nothing is amiss in your presets or input and output settings, you may have to open a support ticket.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:24 AM, MGW-Alberta said:

Just to confirm, does this happen on ALL of your presets?  Or just some of them?

Please check the settings on your input and output and report them here.

Please also check it with another amplifier if one is available.

If not, maybe you have a friend whose amp you can try it on?

If it still happens on another amp and nothing is amiss in your presets or input and output settings, you may have to open a support ticket.

Yes to all of thebpresets. The one im using in the video is compleatly empty. In fact when i switch the all bypass to dsp insted of analog it hissen in bypass aswell.

The settings of inputs and outputs are all set to instrument level.

Unfortinetly i dont have any high gain tube amps to check this with. But a fact is that the hiss is only on high gain channels. On the clean ones everithing is fine. 

Sounds like noise floor to me, pulled from the Stomp converters.

I see volume on the Stomp is at 50%, but gain channel on the amp sounds bloody high volum. This means you are pulling a lot of noise from the floor.

Try turning HX Stomp volume knob to 100%, and turn down the amp channel volume.

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2023 at 9:17 PM, PierM said:

Sounds like noise floor to me, pulled from the Stomp converters.

I see volume on the Stomp is at 50%, but gain channel on the amp sounds bloody high volum. This means you are pulling a lot of noise from the floor.

Try turning HX Stomp volume knob to 100%, and turn down the amp channel volume.

Thanx for the reply. It seems that this is the case. When i dile back channel gain or channel volume, it starts to go away, but as i play live and heavy i need a lot of volume, but i guess its just the nature  of the beast. Will try diferente combinations, mostly trying to push the master volume.

• 4 months later...

The problem is HX Stomp ... my unit I sold, made a ot of hiss in every Fx loop amp in a channel with gain. Of course other units did not make that hiss. You will hear do  this, or do that, there is nothing to do, just conecting Hx stomp to a Fx loop in an amp that has a gain channel will make more hiss than most of known pedals that's it ..... Also a M5 or M9 from Line 6 .... I don't know if Line 6 have fixed this with the new units ...