Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

700 Acoustic - save multiple copies of same guitar?

I'm looking at a Variax 700 Acoustic. (Used, of course.) I'm wondering if it will save multiple copies of the same model in different slots. For example, say, saving a Gibson J-45 with an alternate tuning into the slot for the Shamisen (really, I will never ever need to use a shamisen). Can the VA700 do that?

Yes the VA700 will do that, but you will need to have Workbench (legacy, not HD) working with the guitar to manage the edits. That can be a challenge, as the software does not play nicely with newer computers and will probably never be updated to do so. There are plenty of threads on this forum dedicated to workarounds to getting it running. Sometimes this requires and older computer and operating system (and Java).

Ha ha! That's what I do .... I've got an ancient plastic Macbook I'm using for old equipment updating, including Variax 700. Know that you also need one of the old Variax USB dongles that connects your Variax to the computer.