Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PRS Hollowbody II Piezo SE IRs and Patches

DOndek

Hi all. I recently purchased a PRS Hollowbody II Piezo SE and am trying to work on the signal path for the piezo (this will be separate and distinct from the mag pup signal, not blended).  For years, I've had a Warmoth that has a Fishman PowerBridge and Power Chip installed for the piezo signal and it's worked great with the patch I built, but the Baggs piezo in the HBII is a very different animal in sound, output levels, etc.  Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!  Thx.  

I've got the same guitar and working on patches for it too. I have a patch set up with the mag pickups going into the guitar in jack, and the piezo going into the auxiliary jack. so I can switch quickly between the two. Basically each input is its own chain to the output. For the piezo side I added York Audio acoustic guitar IR but I'm still working on deciding the hi/lo cuts and effects for that side. It also has to be boosted in volume quite a bit to even out with the mag pickup side.   

• 1 year later...

I also route the pickups through separate paths.  However, I have never seen the need for amps, IRs, or cabs for acoustic.  I just have a volume/gain block to compensate for volume, though my PRS doesn't need much.  I do have an EQ block in the chain but I never seem to need it.  Then add some reverb and the occasional effect, and send it directly to FRFR.