Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects -- serial number tag destroyed

dknc

Bought an HX Effects in excellent condition, and it's the bomb. But...I cannot register it without the serial number, and the guy who owned it before me put velcro on the bottom, which has adhered to the serial number tag, which is impossible to read and can't be separated from the velcro.

Is there another way to view the serial anywhere?

On 2/5/2023 at 4:44 AM, davekeats said:

Is there another way to view the serial anywhere?

Hi,

While you wait, you could check the final post this thread regarding the option to display of the serial number on a HX Stomp XL.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

While you wait, you could check the final post this thread regarding the option to display of the serial number on a HX Stomp XL.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks! I did try it, which is this:

-switch off your HX Stomp XL
-press and hold encoder 3 (the third knob the right under the display)
-switch on your HX Stomp XL
-you should see the serialnumber displayed

Unfortunately, it only displayed the brand, the model, and the firmware version. I tried a bunch of combinations, but alas, no luck.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 5:43 PM, dknc said:

I tried a bunch of combinations, but alas, no luck.

Oh, well, worth a try.

It looks like you will have to wait for Customer Support to respond, but also follow up on the suggestion from @rd2rk in his post above, and contact the previous owner to check out the details on his Line 6 account.

• Like 1

Yup! Pressing and holding the 3rd Encoder while power on the HX Stomp/XL displays the LCD Test Screen.

This screen shows:

LCD TEST

Git commit: <value appears here>

ESN: <value appears here>

USN: <serial number string appears here>

Sealed: <string here>

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:39 PM, MusicLaw said:

Yup! Pressing and holding the 3rd Encoder while power on the HX Stomp/XL displays the LCD Test Screen.

This screen shows:

LCD TEST

Git commit: <value appears here>

ESN: <value appears here>

USN: <serial number string appears here>

Sealed: <string here>

I recently bought a used Stomp that had Velcro on the bottom... when I remove that the serial number went with it. 

The method you describe is what Line 6 support suggested to me and it worked 100%. I got my serial number, registered the used unit, and printed a new label for the bottom of the unit.

I have no idea how to access the LCD TEST on an HX Stomp or a Helix, but I'm sure it will list the same information when it is found. 

• Upvote 1

I have tried the method several of you relayed for the HX Stomp, but it doesn't seem to work for HX Effects. I've contacted support as well as the guy from whom I purchased the HX Effects, and will post an update here for those interested.

• Upvote 3

On 2/6/2023 at 6:48 AM, codamedia said:

I have no idea how to access the LCD TEST on an HX Stomp or a Helix, but I'm sure it will list the same information when it is found. 

I'm not allowed to edit my post from this morning so I have to quote it... arghhh!

I meant to say "I have no idea how to access the LCD TEST on an HX Effects or a Helix" .... not a stomp. 

• Like 2

If this happens to others, here's the fix. You'll need assistance from Line6 support. Josh was so helpful just now when I called. Thank you, Josh!

With the power off, hold down the first footswitch (top left) and power up the unit. After an quick initial boot, all off the small displays above each footswitch will be populated with info. The one in the bottom left contains the ESN number, which Line6 can look up, supplying you with the corresponding serial number. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/7/2023 at 7:43 PM, dknc said:

The one in the bottom left contains the ESN number, which Line6 can look up, supplying you with the corresponding serial number.

That’s really worth knowing, because I wasn’t aware of the relevance of the ESN number for Tech Support to be able to find the serial number.

To add to all these other options, if you need to find the ESN for a Helix floor unit, hold down FS3&4 while powering up, and you should see it displayed in white letters along the top of the screen.

Hope this might help anyone needing to track down a Helix serial number.

Powering on the Helix Floor while Holding FS 3 and 4 initiates enables: TEST MODE.

Test Mode is also listed in the Helix Floor Reset Options on HelixHelp.com.

Very handy should you forget the footswitches to press and hold during power on!

On 2/7/2023 at 1:43 PM, dknc said:

The one in the bottom left contains the ESN number, which Line6 can look up, supplying you with the corresponding serial number. 

I'm sure the serial number they provided you is a PREFIX (based on the product line), followed by your ESN. 

The ESN is the unique serial number to your unit, the prefix is the same for everyone that owns that product. (Stomp, Effects, LT, etc...)