Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects SDK?

justy256

On 2/6/2023 at 5:27 AM, justy256 said:

I realise that this sort of thing could potentially brick my HX Effects, but I'm a software engineer and am keen to know if there's a SDK that I could use to create my own effects from scratch?  Thanks!

Hi,

Interesting first post.

As if they are going to let just anyone, software engineer or not, go poking, and prodding around in the Helix Core.

Yeah, right!

The only people developing software for any of the Helix products are Line 6.

Guess you could try asking for a job.

Contact Eric (Digital Igloo) Klein - Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. / Line 6 / Ampeg

Until then keep on twiddling the encoders on the HXFX.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 2/6/2023 at 12:27 AM, justy256 said:

I realise that this sort of thing could potentially brick my HX Effects, but I'm a software engineer and am keen to know if there's a SDK that I could use to create my own effects from scratch?  Thanks!

Aside from not allowing people to poke around in their playground, there's not a whole lot of people that have any depth of experience dealing with DSP development that's used in the Helix to build mathematical models of electronic circuits in a real time environment.