Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix - how to create Infinite reverb like "freeze mode" from Strymon Cloudburst

SirNedwood

You can also use the “infinite” setting on the newer dynamic hall and plate reverb. Their delay time goes all the way to infinite at the upper end of the time slider. You can set a foot switch to either latch or momentary to do this. If you wanted, you could also set that same switch to bypass the reverb and if you had tails enabled it would keep going. This kind of thing would be more similar to what the strymon pedals do than poly sustain.

Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

The Poly sustain is exactly what I was after. But I struggled to get a good sound out of it. And it uses a ton of DSP. I also tried the reverb settings, but it was hard to control.

In the end the best solution I found was an Split A/B path that includes a Chorus Echo into a Glitz Reverb. I made a momentary switch that would change the routing from 100% A, to even split. And I also assigned expression pedal 1 to the feedback control of the echo.

The way to use it is strum a chord, then hold the footswitch to route the sound into the echo. You can also hold and then strum for a different tone. Let go and you are free to play over the top. If you need to change chords hit the expression pedal and bring it back to reduce the feedback. I set the minimum point on the expression pedal to 50% so it dies off more naturally. I set the Echo time to 1/4 tap tempo so the vibey swells are in time. And the beauty of the momentary switch is you can stack notes. Strum a low chord, hit the switch, then play a few bars. Strum a high chord, hit the switch again and it boosts the pad up a notch.

• Upvote 1