Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[SOLVED] HX effects: How to disable BANK up&down buttons in Snapshot mode?

joanesinu

Hello, I am having trouble playing live with the HX effects. I am the singer, and the only guitar player on my band. We play rock and we play hard. With all the show we put on I don't have 100% accuracy with the footswitches while singing, and sometimes I miss and push bank switches by error. 

Is any way to disable this switches? I just want snapshot view or stomp view and a pallete of options where I CAN'T make a mistake like that. 

I thought in putting a metal cover in the bank switches but cmon... We should have the possibility to do this...

Thank you in advance!

On 2/12/2023 at 8:02 PM, joanesinu said:

We should have the possibility to do this...

You can do this.

Check page 31, Using Snapshots - HX Effects Owner’s Manual - Rev C - English (also page 47, Global Settings > Switches)

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a411710a6112a67116f0b/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf

also available in French, German and Japanese - here!

https://line6.com/support/manuals/hxeffects

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 9:42 PM, datacommando said:

You can do this.

Check page 31, Using Snapshots - HX Effects Owner’s Manual - Rev C - English (also page 47, Global Settings > Switches)

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a411710a6112a67116f0b/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf

also available in French, German and Japanese - here!

https://line6.com/support/manuals/hxeffects

Thank you, that helped.

Now I have Snapshot Up and Down in those buttons. However, if I push the UP&DOWN together I go back to preset view mode. Didn't find any way to disable this, so I can have a fixed Preset or Snap view, unable to go anywhere else.

That would be perfect for me, who have a big foot and 0 accuracy with the pedals playing live.

Thank you!

On 2/13/2023 at 8:20 AM, joanesinu said:

Thank you, that helped.

Now I have Snapshot Up and Down in those buttons. However, if I push the UP&DOWN together I go back to preset view mode. Didn't find any way to disable this, so I can have a fixed Preset or Snap view, unable to go anywhere else.

That would be perfect for me, who have a big foot and 0 accuracy with the pedals playing live.

Thank you!

Hi,

Maybe you should investigate using Command Centre in your HXFX. This will allow you to assign anything to anything. This means you can change the UP/DOWN buttons to something else.

Here’s a video.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 11:00 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Maybe you should investigate using Command Centre in your HXFX. This will allow you to assign anything to anything. This means you can change the UP/DOWN buttons to something else.

Here’s a video.

Thank you very much, I think this can be it. I will try it and report after.

• Like 1

• joanesinu changed the title to [SOLVED] HX effects: How to disable BANK up&down buttons in Snapshot mode?