Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp XL power adaptor

k2so

On 2/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, Schmalle said:

A cable with a thicker sturdier sheath would help preventing damage caused by the ferrite bead.

Not sure if you mean this as a criticism of the Mfrs or a suggestion to OP, but since OP likely can't change the cable itself, maybe a bit of shrink wrap under the bead if damage is a concern?

On 2/13/2023 at 9:30 PM, k2so said:

This adaptor is kinda fragile.

Oh yeah. I'm at my second one, my local music store guy actually gave it to me on warranty. And it already broke again. Not even preventively fixing the weak parts with gaffer tape has helped. So for now, eventually I simply cut off the ferrite bead and joined the cables with a standard cheap PVC wire connector. Haven't noticed any side effects so far, i.e. no audible interferences. (But perhaps they're already outside my hearing range… :D)

On 2/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, rd2rk said:

Not sure if you mean this as a criticism of the Mfrs or a suggestion to OP, but since OP likely can't change the cable itself, maybe a bit of shrink wrap under the bead if damage is a concern?

A criticism of the choice of adapter vs use case.

The cable doesn't seem sturdy enough to carry the bead. Also the bead case could be improved by adding the same flexible support endings that are on the adapter.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:43 PM, Schmalle said:

Also the bead case could be improved by adding the same flexible support endings that are on the adapter

My first adapter actually broke at the very ending of that flexible ending, with no way to fix it without crack opening the box. That's why my music shop guy decided it counts as a "faulty piece" and gave me the replacement for free. But in general it's cheap Chinese crap components and material all over.