Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Sonic Pod/mobile Pod With Garageband

I would to use the tones from the mobile pod to record to Garageband using my Sonic Port.  I have an iPad Air with the latest OS.  I have gone to the privacy settings, clicked on microphone, and enabled the mobile pod.  When in Garageband, I clicked the input settings, inter-app audio, instrument, and do not see the Mobile Pod as one of the choices.  I have not been able to use the Mobile Pod tones in Garageband. Any help you could offer is appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Clapton39,

If you haven't already. Go into 'Settings' in your ipad, scroll down to Mobile POD and make sure 'Background Audio' is turned on. This will allow Mobile POD to run in the background when using apps such as Garageband.

I have exactly the same problem as Clapton 39. Despite trying all types of cable configuration can't get Sonic Port to work with Garageband on iPad . Background audio is on but makes no difference, can't find Mobile Pod listed on inter app list either.

Please help - Garageband interface was a key reason for me buying Sonic Port !

I have the same problem. Mobile POD app works perfectly but Garageband does not recognize Sonic Port / guitar input (the indicator at the top left of Guitar Amp with the symbol of the jack does not light up). 

When I connect the Port to Sonic 'iPad the red light at the top of the Port Sonic turns on and then off. The same indicator of the jack on the interface of Guitar Amp on Garageband.

Please help - Garageband interface is also for me a key reason for  buying Sonic Port !

Thx

• 9 months later...

I've just bought a Sonic Pro Vx and I'm brand new to recording music, so thank you for posting the solution to ensuring Mobile Pod recognises the guitar input! I was convinced I was doing something wrong til I found your posts as I had the mic turned off in the ipad privacy settings. 

Nizzag and McKens, I was searching last night about how to link MobilePod and GarageBand and I found this useful Youtube link. 

I only got to test the solution very briefly, but it seemed to work for me.

Hope it helps.