Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt25 Vs Dt50 212

jmeunier

Searched around this forum, but haven't really seen too many topics that address this question.

I'm currently using a DT25 with an HD500 and a JTV-89F.  Love this combination of equipment.

However, I'm wondering if I'd gain anything sound-wise by upgrading the DT25 to a DT50 212?  Would love to hear from folks that have made this upgrade.  IF I could sell the DT25, I'd be out $700-$800 after purchasing the 50, so wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Thanks

Jay

not worth it in my opinion.  What DT25 do you have?  I have the head and can easily power 2 2X12 cabs, should be more than enough especially if you mike it or send a feed to the PA.  You may gain a little clean headroom at volume but is that worth $700-800?  Even with the combo you can still add another cab and grow your sound...

I started with the DT50 2x12 so have no judgement on the DT 25. I love my rig and with the last firmware update I love it even more. No complaints and have always been able to achieve any sound I've set out for. One of my favorite Models is a less heard of one. I love the Divided by 13 model. A shame u don't see it mentioned much. But having a full dream rig already you know this.

I have a DT25 head/cab and a DT50 112....Overall, the DT50 is a better sounding amp to me...Better feeling too...

It's the clean tones that suffer on a DT25 when you compare it directly to a dt50....If you like Fender spank, the DT25 falls short because it is way under powered for that...Even the DT50 is under powered...But the EL34s are a little better than EL84s when trying to mimic what's really a 6L6...