Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!

patdixon

As far as I know I've done everything right - HX LT less than a year old, was running 3.15 no problem. Tried to update to 3.50 & looked fine until the end now HX Edit doesn't recognize the device & the display shows the status in Title. HX Edit & Updater latest versions AFAIK. 

I know that I can do a Factory Reset if necesary (backed up beforhand) but would rather not. Anyone have an idea what I did wrong or what I should do? 

Thanks,

You mentioned the Updater program. If you manually invoked Updater it means you didn’t follow the update instructions. Download and install the HX Exit v3.52 package (which also installs the latest Updater program). Then run HX Edit and allow it to manage the firmware installation. It will invoke Updater in the background but you should have no knowledge or indication of that.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Silverhead- this was 100% User error. As you said I updated Line 6 Updater but not HX Edit beforehand. After doing the update instructions it's fine & I've restored from the backup. In my defense I got a migraine before I started so I should've just waited for a (not) rainy day. I aplogize.