Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit Crashes On Preset Import - HX Stomp

statefarmjake

Before I start - I've already updated the firmware on my Stomp (3.50), and HX Edit is on the latest version (3.51). I've also restored the factory settings on the device itself by holding down the two right pedals and turning on the unit. Additionally, I've uninstalled and reinstalled HX Edit. Nothing has worked so far. My computer is running the latest version of macOS Ventura 13.2.1.

My issue is - anytime I try to import a new preset into HX Edit and subsequently onto HX Stomp, HX Edit crashes entirely and I have to relaunch. I've tried dragging and dropping presets onto a New Preset slot, selecting a New Preset slot and clicking Import, and File -> Import Preset - all to the same effect.

I've attached three screenshots of the issue, so hopefully that helps.

The preset I attempt to import in the video is from Alex Strabala's Matchless HX Stomp series. It is clearly marked as an HX Stomp preset.

Hoping someone else has experienced this and resolved it. Super frustrating, as part of the reason I purchased the Stomp was to load custom presets from creators. If I can't figure this out, I'm not sure why I'd use the unit.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 10.00.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 10.01.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 10.01.06 AM.png

The first thing I'd do is try to export an existing preset from your HX Stomp to your local hard drive and then try to import it into another slot.  This will tell you whether or not the problem is with the HX Stomp or with the purchased preset.  If you can successfully import an existing preset then I'd go to Alex Strabala's site and use his support page to describe the problem as his presets are dependent on some specialized IRs and I'm not sure how you're expected to import them.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2023 at 2:02 PM, statefarmjake said:

The preset I attempt to import in the video is from Alex Strabala's Matchless HX Stomp series. It is clearly marked as an HX Stomp preset.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

The first thing I notice is - you state the preset you’re trying to import is clearly marked as an HX Stomp preset.” - maybe not!

The one highlighted for import is named - Strab Match 3 FX.hlx - which according to the video on the website (https://alexstrabala.com/hx-stomp-presets/hx-stomp-matchless-stereo-amps) is the preset designed with many more effects for users of full Helix units to add extras. The other 2 .hlx files  should be useable on your HX Stomp. Furthermore, those .wav files are the 6 custom IRs for the presets. I don’t know if those need to be placed into specific IR slots in HX Edit before importing the preset. I know this might seem obvious, but I notice there is a README.pdf in the folder with the presets, - did you read it?

I would advise that you follow the suggestion from @DunedinDragon in the post above, and contact Alex Strabala.

Hope this helps/makes sense.