Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to disable touch-sensitive footswitch 'Assign Block to FS'?

robfawcett

New user (today!) - Helix Stomp.

I would expect from the manual that to disable triggering anything when I simply touch a footswitch (e.g. without pressing it) I should configure:

Global Settings ⇨ Footswitches ⇨ Stomp Select set to OFF or PRESS ONLY

but in every/any setting of that parameter I'm still getting the 'Assign Block to FS' popup on the unit screen.

I keep triggering it by accident when operating the unit and it’s frustrating.

Have I misunderstood? Known issue? I'd be very grateful for help…

On 3/24/2023 at 11:56 AM, robfawcett said:

New user (today!) - Helix Stomp.

I would expect from the manual that to disable triggering anything when I simply touch a footswitch (e.g. without pressing it) I should configure:

Global Settings ⇨ Footswitches ⇨ Stomp Select set to OFF or PRESS ONLY

but in every/any setting of that parameter I'm still getting the 'Assign Block to FS' popup on the unit screen.

I keep triggering it by accident when operating the unit and it’s frustrating.

Have I misunderstood? Known issue? I'd be very grateful for help…

Is your Stomp running the latest firmware? And have you performed a factory reset since you've gotten it? I'd make sure the firmware was updated and I'd do a factory reset before I spend time troubleshooting anything else.

On 3/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, phil_m said:

Is your Stomp running the latest firmware? And have you performed a factory reset since you've gotten it? I'd make sure the firmware was updated and I'd do a factory reset before I spend time troubleshooting anything else.

I updated firmware to 3.50 using the latest Helix Edit & did factory reset before doing anything else!

On 3/24/2023 at 10:42 PM, silverhead said:

I don’t see the specific terms that you are using ( OFF and PRESS ONLY ) in the manual. It says there are three settings: Touch, Press, and Both. You want Press. Note that Press does NOT mean ‘Press and Hold’.

The options under firmware 3.50 are OFF, TOUCH, PRESS, BOTH.

PRESS does not disable TOUCH, nor does OFF & that’s my problem!

Setting Stomp Select to Off does what it says - it does not however disable touch in general.

In Stomp Mode the assign message comes up after 1 sec of touching and goes away after 3 secs - I think one can live with it.

You can however change to Preset or Snapshot or Scroll Mode (Press View and then <-Page or Page->) if needed.

• Upvote 2

On 3/25/2023 at 10:31 PM, Schmalle said:

Setting Stomp Select to Off does what it says - it does not however disable touch in general.

In Stomp Mode the assign message comes up after 1 sec of touching and goes away after 3 secs - I think one can live with it.

You can however change to Preset or Snapshot or Scroll Mode (Press View and then <-Page or Page->) if needed.

Thank you. I'm still not yet completely clear in my understanding, but I'm very new to this unit. For now I have put plastic 'switch topper' caps on the foot switches!

It can't be disabled. And it's driving me mad. It's even getting worse as soon as a switch is controlling multiple things - in that case the LED status is changing when you just briefly touch the switch. All you can disable is the "select by touch" function, the rest stays intact. Which is absolutely most horribly on a Stomp where there's very little space between the switches and knobs. Has been driving me mad multiple times by now.
Line 6 should really adress that.

• Upvote 1