Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume question and snapshot question

davidc2478

Hey guys, I'd like to set my volume pedal at max 85% across the board. My question is, if I do this will I be able to rock the pedal and be able to go to 100% if I needed just a little bit more volume?

Also, I noticed when in a preset snapshot, if I change a individual pedal parameter, let's say Mix, the change affects the pedal in all snapshots in my preset. What I now do is push down on the knob which then turns white. This keeps the change from affecting my other snapshots. Is this the right way or is there a better way?

David

If you set the Max Value for the Vol pedal at 85% then that’s the value at the full toe position. The Max/Min values apply at the pedal’s fully ‘rocked’ toe/heel position. You can’t get to 100% because you’ve told it not to go there. You’ve told it to stop at 85%. To be crystal clear, if you set the Min and Max levels both to 50% then the volume will always be at 50%. Rocking the pedal will do nothing.

Yes, that’s the correct way. Pushing and turning a parameter knob assigns it to the Snapshot controller. There are other ways but that’s the best/fastest.

I appreciate the replies!

A bit of a bummer about the volume setting. Can a snapshot be set to 85% and then when I rock the pedal I have access to full 100? Not so much as setting global max value but just a starting point? I hope that made sense

I do need sub 85% as some parts in a song I may do some volume swells

You know you can save the starting position of the pedal as part of the preset?  When the preset is to your liking, set the vol pedal to 85% and save the preset.  Everytime you call up that preset, regardless of the physical position of the pedal it will be at 85%, any touch will make it respond from there on.

It's what I do (at about 70%)

• Like 1

I use a volume pedal in the front of my chain as a pseudo-guitar volume knob.  I'll get my main rhythm tone and if I want that rolled down vibe, i'll throw a volume block in at the appropriate %.  The volume block bypass and its % are saved per snapshot for me.  A few more details in how you plan to use the volume pedal could help in how to program a preset to get what you want.  

Thanks for the replies! I'm trying to keep that little bit of 15% in case I want some more volume. I suppose I could do the same with my guitar volume knob but was curious if the Helix could be used in this way also.

Not a biggie but more of a curiosity.

Thanks guys!