Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Too much coffee....so mind is on warp speed - amp/effect list order question

themetallikid

Will we ever be able to (is if possible?) to reorder the Amp list (or other effects) in an order that makes more sense to our personal uses?  Meaning put all my cleanish amps up towards the top and the Toneballz Metal amps towards the bottom?  

I have gone through and dialed in the amp/cab blocks how I like *most of the amps.  While I get the 'thats what favorites are for' argument...I think this is more of the user default setting than a favorite.  It'd be nice to do that.  While I have dialed in the amps how I like them, my clean amps are all over and mixed in with breakup type sounds and such.  

Didnt know if the ability to drag and drop order (similar to preset organization) messes with any sort of internal memory programming.  

I know you get the '.... favorites...'  argument. Personally I've always wondered what the difference is, to the user, between User Default and Favorite. What's the actual difference from the user perspective other than, I suppose, being able to define two 'favorites' (which you can already do by using different model names)?

In other words, is there any actual value in being able to do what you want?

On 4/14/2023 at 8:59 AM, silverhead said:

I know you get the '.... favorites...'  argument. Personally I've always wondered what the difference is, to the user, between User Default and Favorite. What's the actual difference from the user perspective other than, I suppose, being able to define two 'favorites' (which you can already do by using different model names)?

Isn't the advantage of favourites the ability to tweak your amp model the way you like it and then save it as a favourite?

I don't use favourites but I've always assumed it is much the same thing as copying and pasting a block, ie: the parameters you've adjusted also get transferred to the newly pasted block, ie: the default settings are not applied to the pasted block but are adjusted to the way you last edited and/or saved them.

I could be wrong, I have not used favourites.  I just copy and paste.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:59 AM, silverhead said:

The advantage for ME (maybe others) would be a couple things.....mainly stemming from some amps just do certain things well and stay in their lane with that.  Some amps are versatile, sure.   Sometimes the difference between amps that do the same thing is just a 'feel' thing.  They might be in the same ballpark gain/tone/vibe sense, but the playing feel may be different.  To ME, it would be easier to find similar amps if I had the Recto near the Badonk (just one example, those amps i'm familiar with.  However, there are amps I do not have real world experience with nor much knowledge of, I would love to dial in the User Default, and then move that amp where I think it fits sonically in MY amp list.  

Yes I can do that with favorites, but I prefer to keep my User Favorites as specific instances of the amps.  For example, I do a Stone Temple Pilots tribute, and have my core preset blocks saved as 'STP XXXX'.  Thus when we add a new song, I can very quickly just go to my favorites and in about 15 seconds, draw up a preset that addresses the songs tone needs.  I spend more time programming the command center for a performance then the actual tones....

....However, I am in a new variety cover band that is just starting up.  I do not know the full spectrum of songs we are going to be doing, we have a girl singer, so that helps widen the variance.  With that in mind, There are lots of Clean/Edge of breakup/Pushed style amps in there that are sorta scattered in the list a bit.  It would benefit me to set the user defaults (which I've done) but then be able to organize similar amps next to each other.