Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Isolate Acoustic Sound Via L2t

Hi there,

Day 2 with my dream rig and loving it. A simple question, when sampling the acoustic sounds on the variax in addition to my VDI cable going to the POD HD500x I also ran the 1/4" jack to my L2T speaker. Wow, what an acoustic sound coming out of the L2T.

My question is this, can I mute or stop the sound coming from POD and DT50 and just have the L2T for acoustic sounds?

You could set up a preset on the HD500 for this. Just set the Inputs for the preset to be something other than Variax so that the HD500 receives no input signal. Connect the Variax 1/4" output direct to Channel 1 of the L2t side panel mixer. Adjust the Acoustic Guitar setting on this channel to taste.

You can also do the same thing within a patch so you don't have to change patches to do it.  Try adding a Volume pedal as the first block set to zero.  Assign to a FS and turn it off.  Now in the off position your signal passes to the DT50 and if you turn it on it will mute the DT50.  Adding a FX loop with nothing connected should do the same thing too...

Hi there,

Day 2 with my dream rig and loving it. A simple question, when sampling the acoustic sounds on the variax in addition to my VDI cable going to the POD HD500x I also ran the 1/4" jack to my L2T speaker. Wow, what an acoustic sound coming out of the L2T.

My question is this, can I mute or stop the sound coming from POD and DT50 and just have the L2T for acoustic sounds?

Here's my solution:

I use my DT25 and a Marshall AS60 acoustic amp with my JTV and HD500.  I use separate patches on the HD500 to choose what guitar model is selected.  For all of my acoustic patches, I use the FX loop output before the amp, and have the 1/4" FX loop output plugged into the Acoustic amp.  If you're not using the L2T and DT50 in stereo for electric patches, this will do the job.