Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Serious connectivity issues with Mac

dm618

Getting the old 'connection interrupted' error when attempting to connect my new Helix Rack to HX edit. I can't connect to Line 6 updater either. I've downloaded the latest version of HX edit (3.51). I tried several USB cables which I know are working. I initially tried on my older Mac running 10.15 Catalina. Trying now on my brand new Mac studio with Ventura 13.1. 

Is anyone running into issues using Macs? Any suggestions? I've raised a ticket with with Line 6 but it's been 3 days and nothing. I'm getting impatient...

On 4/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, dm618 said:

Getting the old 'connection interrupted' error when attempting to connect my new Helix Rack to HX edit. I can't connect to Line 6 updater either. I've downloaded the latest version of HX edit (3.51). I tried several USB cables which I know are working. I initially tried on my older Mac running 10.15 Catalina. Trying now on my brand new Mac studio with Ventura 13.1. 

Is anyone running into issues using Macs? Any suggestions? I've raised a ticket with with Line 6 but it's been 3 days and nothing. I'm getting impatient...

Hi,

Yet another person suffering from the USB voodoo.

Helix floor fully functional via USB on my iMac Retina 5k 27" running OS 10.15.7 (Catalina). It has it's own USB port on the Mac.

First up - Not all USB cables are the same, and just because it works with your printer, doesn't necessarily mean it will communicate with your Helix rack. Also, has anything else changed in your current set up?

See the last comment from an IT Systems Engineer.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Also, many cables and adapters from USB A to USB C are using a chip that needs to be discovered and allowed by MacOS prior any device connected to them. This means you have to unplug the Helix (and any other usb device) from those adapters each time you reboot the Mac, and re-plug after boot has completed.

• Upvote 2