Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2: Dual Core DSP into the Pod Go form factor with external looper (non part of the signal chain)

MattBacc

Dear Line6, 

The Helix is clearly a masterpiece, but there are a few major points to improve IMHO:

1. The form factor of the full-scale DSP power: Only the Helix Floor and LT have Dual Core power, but they are both heavy and bulky. What about fitting all this power into the smaller Pod Go form factor, and make it the Helix 2?

2. Using the looper should be simpler: like in the Headrush. The ideal would be to have a looper accessible as a 'looper mode', with a deidcated footswitch, where one can use all the switches to manage the loops, and then exit the 'looper mode' to change the patches and snapshots while the loop is running.

Any intention to include the above improvements into a new product?

On 4/22/2023 at 1:46 AM, MattBacc said:

Any intention to include the above improvements into a new product?

Hi,

There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any  new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use the “Helix IdeaScale Commuity Submissions” sticky thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

https://line6.com/support/topic/14497-helix-ideascale-community-submissions/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/21/2023 at 7:46 PM, MattBacc said:

2. Using the looper should be simpler: like in the Headrush. The ideal would be to have a looper accessible as a 'looper mode', with a deidcated footswitch, where one can use all the switches to manage the loops, and then exit the 'looper mode' to change the patches and snapshots while the loop is running.

I don’t understand how this is different than using the 6 Switch Looper in the Helix right now. What you’re describing is basically how it works (except for the part about managing different loops).

On 4/21/2023 at 7:46 PM, MattBacc said:

to have a looper accessible as a 'looper mode', with a dedicated footswitch,

As somebody that never, ever, uses a looper, I would hate to see a "dedicated" footswitch on the Helix that I couldn't re-assign. I'm already upset enough that I can't re-assign the tuner/tap tempo :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against upgrades to the looper... I just don't want dedicate hardware assignments.  

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:39 AM, codamedia said:

As somebody that never, ever, uses a looper, I would hate to see a "dedicated" footswitch on the Helix that I couldn't re-assign. I'm already upset enough that I can't re-assign the tuner/tap tempo :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against upgrades to the looper... I just don't want dedicate hardware assignments.  

I agree with this. Just assign it to a switch. Don't dedicate a switch to it