Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

It is possible to call a preset from a snapshot ??

particus

No...for a number of reasons.  Once you load a new preset the snapshots for that preset take the place of your snapshots from the previous one.  More importantly snapshots only operate on the the blocks in the current preset because that preset is the world in which that snapshot exists and it exists in no other preset.  I suppose it might be possible to create some form of MIDI loop that's called from your snapshot and directs your Helix to load a different preset, but then you'd get the normal pause in sound as the new preset (and it's snapshots) gets loaded.

• Upvote 1

For what its worth, you can do most of what your asking, but not in the way your anticipating.  Without knowing the differences between preset 23 and 33.  Here is how you can 'best' implement it and get closest to what your asking. 

While in Preset 33, in Stomp Mode, assuming you have 4 buttons assigned as snapshots 1-4, this would leave you several buttons available.  You could assign one of those as a preset button instead of a snapshot button.  Then just assign it to Preset 23.  

Thus, to be able to return to Preset 33 from 23, you would also need to assign a button in the stomp layout of Preset 23 to trigger going back to presett 33.  

What this DOES NOT DO, is keep you in a preset.  You will be changing presets, thus unless your presets are only utilizing one of the DSP chips and you have the spillover global function enabled, you will get a small gap in audio while changing presets.   

I recently did this for a 'kitchen sink' pedal board consisting of 6 presets utilizing the same preset layouts, just varying the amps.   All 6 presets are available across the top 5 switches (plus the current one I'm on.  The bottom switches are assigned as Dry (no effects), I then have a Comp, Chorus and Lead (OD/Delay/Gain) as actual stomp buttons attached to blocks in the presets.  All the presets are exactly the same except the Amp blocks. 

This allows me to sorta do what your doing, but again, you cannot remain in a preset and engage another. 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:53 AM, particus said:

For example, I'm on preset 33 and from snspshot 4 I can call preset 23 without leaving preset 33?

Why? 

What exactly is it that you cannot achieve using the myriad options available within Snapshots?

There is this video showing how to swap presets using command center - see if this gets you closer to your aim.

Bear in mind you don’t have access to “spillover” between the presets.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1