Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Output Setting

Ratch99

Hi all.

Using my Stomp with powered Yamaha mMonitors via balanced cables but there's some weirdness going on with the levels between some patches. Is there a specific setting I should be using for the outputs in this instance? I think I'm referring to instrument level / mic level options.

Can't seem to find how to check this on the unit as there's no 'System setting' type button / menu.

Most powered speakers work at Line level.  Without knowing what "weirdness" you're speaking of, the level set for output is the level set for output and doesn't change unless you change it.  And the difference between Line level and Mic level would be pretty dramatic.  If the change happens with "some patches" it's more likely you're doing something within those patches that change your output level which would show up in your signal meter display.

On 4/25/2023 at 3:45 AM, Ratch99 said:

Using my Stomp with powered Yamaha mMonitors via balanced cables but there's some weirdness going on with the levels between some patches.

If you are talking about the factory presets, those are not volume matched. That would not be the fault of the speakers or your setup. 

IMO... in that setup your output on the Stomp should be set to LINE.. the input of the Stomp should be set to Instrument. I don't know which Yamaha's you have... but if there is a -10/+4 option, set it to +4. 

I don't go near factory presets, but matching levels on presets can easily be done at the output block of each preset.