Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.6 is here!!!!!!

brue58ski

I agree with you. My "bug" is the Variax issue. I'm gonna keep harping on it until the Helix is done. To me the Variax/Helix combo is the Line 6 flagship and that should work. But there are tone/volume knob control issues that are not being fixed. I would love an update where they just focus on fixing the bugs. So...... a continue redoing the cabs but only focus on fixing the bugs as well update. That would be great.

Objectively speaking, Helix has all the features already.  Lots of amps/cabs.  No need to have every single esoteric thing, that's too much.  This introduces option paralysis, too many things to choose from. 

And to me, it's extremely frustrating that such a simple bug as the left/mono one is yet to be addressed.  So I'll continue using 3.11 that works for me.  I built all my presets as of 3.0 and they are still using 3.0 features.  The rest is absolutely useless to me. 

There's nothing that Helix lacks as far as I'm concerned, all the sounds imaginable are there.  So what's next?  I have no clue.  Fix the bugs, Line 6! :P

On 4/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, brue58ski said:

One of the new things is a Yamaha RA-200. Here's a video of someone using one.

Yay!  Now I can replace David Gilmour in Pink Floyd!  Sounds cool, fascinating to look at when the speakers are spinning in the actual physical unit, but to me sounds like a regular Leslie, ok maybe 2 Leslies at slightly different speeds, ok maybe 3. 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:34 PM, theElevators said:

oh wow... more amps/cabs/effects...  why not just fix all the outstanding bugs? 

1. left/mono not being mono

2. bypass behavior chaos that still exists in 3.5

I believe the HX project is coming to a end, so they are probably just scraping the yet available market's barrel offering more toys to trigger some residual attention.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the "outstanding bugs" fixing on this phase. Probably there'll be a maintenance team later for this task.

I mean, we are still waiting for compliant Win/Mac OS drivers... :)

Just hardcore assumptions, but this always been the classic parabola of any other flagship Line 6 product.

• Downvote 1

On 4/26/2023 at 4:28 AM, PierM said:

I believe the HX project is coming to a end, so they are probably just scraping the yet available market's barrel offering more toys to trigger some residual attention.

That's how you see this update? Not me, but I guess time will tell. 

When 3.5 was released they promised more cabinets coming soon... and that's what this update has provided. They unrolled these fairly quickly, and provided a couple other goodies while they were at it.

• Upvote 1

As I said, I was wildly assuming. No complains or being negative.

When I see no bug fixes for so many months/years, I start assuming the head programmers are busy and working on something else, while content guys are still there throwing goodies to keep the project alive, market wise.

Again, just saying based on what I've seen with HD and Firehawk and any other similar product or software I've worked with.

I'm happy with what I've, still, I'd rather have bugs and last gen OS drivers being released instead new stuff being added, but that's me - nobody cares really. :) 

All good, I'm still enjoying my HX with 3.15. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I updated to 3.6 on my helix line 6 I noticed it kept all the user patches I made in 3.5. anyone else notice that.....is that normal . It did download all the new amps, cabs and effects and everything is working normal. I did notice before updating it did not ask me to save my user presets like I noticed in previous update instructions. 

You can do the update in different ways. The best way is through HX Edit which is up to version 3.61 so you may need to upgrade your edit program. I'm surprised you weren't prompted to backup everything. I would do that now. Do a full backup after you upgrade your HX Edit. Then do a full factory reset which is holding down footswitches 9 & 10 (the two middle switches on the bottom row). Then restore your backup. Save the factory presets before you do if you want to. It should start the "rebuilding" process which makes all of your old patches comply with the new firmware. This will happn anytime you load an old preset. Click on the link on the very top if you need more info.