Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello all. I just picked up a Pod HD500X about a week ago with the intentions of using it mostly for recording. I know that using the HD500X as an interface is a popular setup and many people have success with it. I however am not having much success at the moment. My setup is as follows: Pod HD500X, LTD 307-w EMG active pickups, Two KRK Rokit 5s, Logic Pro X, Macbook Pro 13" with trs-xlr cables from the UNBALANCED OUTPUTS on the Pod HD500X to my KRK monitors. I have recently been told that using balanced cables from unbalanced outputs doesn't yield me any of the benefits of balanced connections. Needless to say, I am still very new to this.

My issues I'm having are related to distortion and hollow, tinny sound through my monitors as I try to increase levels to get the strongest levels without clipping. The distortion is also seemingly increased by selecting my INPUT MONITORING option on Logic Pro X. It is as if something between my Pod and my Mac is off. My waveforms at varying volume levels are all very "peaky" and undefined. Clearly there is an output/level issue that I am overlooking but I can't figure it out. Any help with this matter would be fantastic!

Make sure your Pod HD500 is set to Studio output mode. Set the Master Volume on the HD500 to a relatively high level and if necessary reduce the input signal level in Logic. Turn off the Input Monitoring in Logic; monitor using your KRKs or headphones.

Make sure your Pod HD500 is set to Studio output mode. Set the Master Volume on the HD500 to a relatively high level and if necessary reduce the input signal level in Logic. Turn off the Input Monitoring in Logic; monitor using your KRKs or headphones.

Thanks Silverhead! I have checked over these. I have figured out my input monitoring issue and have set it up to only monitor through logic. However, I am still not getting very defined waveforms which makes me think that my signal is still too strong. I have turned my hardware monitoring all the way down. My levels in logic are only barely in the yellow upon monitoring and playback. Guitar tone sounds ok on playback and monitoring but why the flat waveforms? 

Hi, I have issues with the distortions as well, my POD HD500x it´s not sending the right sound to my amp, it used to do it well but now... I already checked the guitar, the amp and the cables, the only one not working is my POD.

When I start to play the guitar the distortions just sound like theres no effect or it mutes really fast... like if I put my hand on the strings after I play.

Help please! 

what can I do now ??