Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mobile Keys 25 Not Working On Iphone4

zero_cue

Hi to all!
I recently bought a Mobile Keys 25 MIDI Keyboard. 
When it first came out of the box I connected it to my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1) and opened Alchemy Mobile Synth and it played fine. After that I installed MIDI Memo app to my phone and automatically this changed Mobile Keys' firmware.
After that it doesn't work. I keep having this message "this equipment is not compatible with this phone" or something like that. I contacted line 6 support & the guy I spoke with suggested that I should format my phone (re-install my iOS) and that should fix my problem. I did that but nothing changed. 
How can I make my keyboard work with my phone? Please help!
Nikolas..

Same issue here.  Connection was a little flaky to begin with, but after firmware update I can't get my iPhone 4 with iOS 7 to recognize it all.  I have a show next weekend too.

I read on an Apple forum where someone had a similar issue with an iPad Mini and it seemed to be linked to the newer firmware.  Can we downgrade our firmware version?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally resolved this issue and would like to share what I did in case it helps someone else.

My mobile keys 49 unit stopped working with any application after installing ios7 on my iPhone 4s.  I checked to ensure that all of the compatible apps were up to date.  Then I tested the keyboard on my computer using some desktop daws, and it worked fine.  I stumbled upon the line6 monkey updater software and decided to download it to see if it would resolve my problem.  It connected to the keyboard just fine, but didn't indicate that there were any updates available and didn't seem to do anything to the unit.  After I disconnected from the computer, I plugged the keyboard into my phone and opened up the line6 midi recorder app.  Lo and behold, it instantly told me there was a firmware update!  It never lollipoping did this before, so I assume that my connecting the unit to the monkey software triggered something.  I have since tested the keyboard in my compatible iOS apps, and it works just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i've since updated my iPhone to ios8, and guess what?  The keyboard is once again not recognized by any compatible app on my phone.  I think this might actually be a more challenging issue than before, as most of my downloaded apps were barely functional after the OS update.  I went through the same process that I did before, with no success.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi to all! I recently bought a Mobile Keys 25 MIDI Keyboard. When it first came out of the box I connected it to my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1) and opened Alchemy Mobile Synth and it played fine. After that I installed MIDI Memo app to my phone and automatically this changed Mobile Keys' firmware. After that it doesn't work. I keep having this message "this equipment is not compatible with this phone" or something like that. I contacted line 6 support & the guy I spoke with suggested that I should format my phone (re-install my iOS) and that should fix my problem. I did that but nothing changed. How can I make my keyboard work with my phone? Please help! Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

• 1 year later...
On 9/2/2014 at 12:38 PM, Mercival said:

I finally resolved this issue and would like to share what I did in case it helps someone else.

My mobile keys 49 unit stopped working with any application after installing ios7 on my iPhone 4s.  I checked to ensure that all of the compatible apps were up to date.  Then I tested the keyboard on my computer using some desktop daws, and it worked fine.  I stumbled upon the line6 monkey updater software and decided to download it to see if it would resolve my problem.  It connected to the keyboard just fine, but didn't indicate that there were any updates available and didn't seem to do anything to the unit.  After I disconnected from the computer, I plugged the keyboard into my phone and opened up the line6 midi recorder app.  Lo and behold, it instantly told me there was a firmware update!  It never lollipoping did this before, so I assume that my connecting the unit to the monkey software triggered something.  I have since tested the keyboard in my compatible iOS apps, and it works just fine.

Thank! It helped me!

• 1 month later...

The Apple 30pin to Lightening adapter works very well with my Mobile Keys 49 in iOS 10 (as it did in iOS 9). I use it with my iPads and iPhones. In fact, there was a sleep issue with my iPad that took the 30pin cable — this issue is gone with the lightening connector adapter and current iPads. I don't understand the posts that say this doesn't work. Shareit apk vidmate app

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 3:46 PM, cyprusking01 said:

The Apple 30pin to Lightening adapter works very well with my Mobile Keys 49 in iOS 10 (as it did in iOS 9). I use it with my iPads and iPhones. In fact, there was a sleep issue with my iPad that took the 30pin cable — this issue is gone with the lightening connector adapter and current iPads. I don't understand the posts that say this doesn't work. 

I tried the solution which you mentioned but it do not seems to work out

Can you please suggest some other solution?

Thanks 9apps apk cartoon hd

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought the Line 6 Mobile Keys 25. It works fine with my laptop; works fine with my iPhone 5; works fine with my iPad1; but it does not work with the iPad mini.

It shows up in settings (General/About) but doesn't seem to "connect" with Garageband app or with Line 6's Midi Memo app.

I have restarted the mini - tried everything I can think of. Spoke to Line 6 support and they thought it was a hardware problem and suggested i take it back. But then as mentioned above i tried it with other units and it was fine.

Anyone have the same issue? Suggestions? https://jiofilocalhtml.run https://forpc.onl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/28/2014 at 8:37 PM, zero_cue said:

Hi to all!
When it first came out of the box I connected Yo Whatsapp APK to my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1) and opened Alchemy Mobile Synth and it played fine. After that I installed MIDI Memo app to my phone and automatically this changed Mobile Keys' firmware.
After that it doesn't work. I keep having this message "this equipment is not compatible with this phone" or something like that. I contacted line 6 support & the guy I spoke with suggested that I should format my phone (re-install my iOS) and that should fix my problem cali777. I did that but nothing changed. 
Nikolas..

I also face this problem a while ago. Didn't found any solution. Maybe I'll buy new one.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, manukam said:
On 3/28/2014 at 8:37 PM, zero_cue said:

Hi to all!
When it first came out of the box I connected to my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1) and opened Alchemy Mobile Synth and it played fine. After that I installed MIDI Memo app to my phone and automatically this changed Mobile Keys' firmware.
After that it doesn't work. I keep having this message "this equipment is not compatible with this phone" or something like that. I contacted line 6 support & the guy I spoke with suggested that I should format my phone (re-install my iOS) and that should fix my problem. I did that but nothing changed. 
Nikolas..

I also face this problem a while ago. Didn't found any solution. Maybe I'll buy new one.

I hope this issue got fixed by the developer's because from yesterday I also had a similar issue and I try my best to fix but I didn't because I can't find it's solution to solve this issue...