Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rewire L2T as Powered Guitar Cab?

I have an old L2T I'd like to rewire as a powered guitar cab. So, bypass the digital a/d d/a stuff and go hi-z git direct to the L2T amp and speaker. Has anyone tried this?   

Update: the power amp is a Hypex Electronics audio amp module, slightly customized for Line 6. After examining the ins/outs and finding a lack of reliable schematics, I've decided to not mess with it. Instead, I've simply bypassed the HF compression driver from the circuit (replaced with a wire wound resistor). I run the L2T flat (Reference/PA) for using it as a straight 1x10 guitar cab. This sounds much better to me than the "Electric Guitar" 2-12" emulation response, which I feel added too much high end and bass boost. I can switch in the tweeter when I use it for a PA. Yeah, the guitar still goes through a/d/a, but it's good enough for home use!