Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rebuilding Presets - How often?

johnnyvlee

I have two Helix floor units, one newer (obviously).  It seems like when I power up the newer one about 50% of the time it goes into "Rebuilding Presets".  Seriously, how often should it be doing this? I'm wondering if this is a defect.

I recently installed the latest firmware update, but I think it has rebuilt presets twice before since I have completed that process. This would be the 3rd time.

The other unit does this ON OCCASION but usually once it has rebuilt after an update process, it doesn't ever do it again.

Yes I follow the entire update process including restore from backup as the last step.

On 5/6/2023 at 6:46 PM, johnnyvlee said:

I have two Helix floor units, one newer (obviously).  It seems like when I power up the newer one about 50% of the time it goes into "Rebuilding Presets".  Seriously, how often should it be doing this? I'm wondering if this is a defect.

I recently installed the latest firmware update, but I think it has rebuilt presets twice before since I have completed that process. This would be the 3rd time.

The other unit does this ON OCCASION but usually once it has rebuilt after an update process, it doesn't ever do it again.

Yes I follow the entire update process including restore from backup as the last step.

Hi,

After you complete the restore from back up, you will notice that the next time you restart the hardware, it will run the “Rebuilding Presets” routine.

This is perfectly normal as it ensures that all you older presets are optimised for use in the new firmware.

Also, any time you install a preset created with an earlier version of the firmware (e.g. your backup files, a preset downloaded from CustomTone, etc.), the Rebuilding Presets function will run again after the next restart - this is an expected housekeeping routine for the unit.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Here’s a test to determine whether or not there’s a problem. Power off your Helix device, then power back on. It may or may not rebuild presets. If it does, that’s probably normal for the reasons already mentioned. Whether or not it rebuilt presets, turn it off immediately before importing any other presets. Now power it back on again. If it rebuilds any presets again there’s a problem. Take note of the preset numbers that are being rebuilt and come back here with that info. If no presets are rebuilt there’s no problem - but you can expect presets to be rebuilt again the first time you power on after importing any older presets.

• Upvote 1