Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Timeout can't restore backup on Stomp XL

coachz

Any ideas how to get my restore working ?  I was at 3.50 on stomp xl and hx edit.  I made a backup of everything using hx edit.

Upgrade to 3.60 went fine.  Now I can't restore my backup.  I have done a factory reset on boot holding keys 2 and 3.  Even only selecting gloabl settings fails.  Help.

capture_2023-05-12_14-35-28.png

I renamed the file and put it in a directory by itself and did the restore.  If I choose only globals it gets through globals but fails on impulses,  works on favorites, user model defaults and fails on presets (looking for impulses?).

Aren't the impulses stored IN the backup ?

I just got successful restore of each category manually so I'm back but this is disturbing.  What could it be ?  I just did a backup of THAT and restore failed AGAIN with timeout.  This is a real problem.

On 5/12/2023 at 3:11 PM, coachz said:

Aren't the impulses stored IN the backup ?

Yes, they are.

I can't explain what's happening, and yes it's disturbing. I would open a support ticket. I suspect there's some interaction with your specific computing environment. Line 6 would want to know about it.

They will want to know details of your computing environment. If you haven't already provided that info in your Line 6 account it might help to do so now. What it means is that Line 6 will be able to investigate your issue without having to ask you for that info first. Then they can back to you with something more meaningful than 'What computer are you using?'

I've had timeouts restoring back-ups before, generaly straight after updating firmware, and thorugh the same cable and USB port that had just worked for the update.

The solution has been pulling the cable out of the PC, shutting down the Helix, restarting the PC, starting the Helix. It seems like an intermittent USB driver thing.

One other instance involved a corrupt preset, determined by bringing each set-list in one at a time, working out which one and forcing a skip - complete PITA.

• Upvote 2