Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX LT: Although I have updated to 3.60, firmware 3.50 is still on the Helix LT.

hoooray

Hi dear people,

I would like to update my Helix LT to 3.6. But that does not work.

I first updated Helix Edit on the Mac to 3.6, as I had instructed. The update from Helix Native to 3.6 also worked. Then I restarted the Helix LT (with the buttons 9 & 10 pressed). According to the instructions, the firmware should be updated to 3.6. But after the process, the Helix LT still has 3.5.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Hartmut

Hi liebe Leute,

ich möchte mein Helix LT auf 3.6 updaten. Doch das klappt nicht.

Ich habe - so wie m.E. vorgegeben - zunächst Helix Edit auf dem Mac auf 3.6 gabracht. Auch das update von Helix Native auf 3.6 hat geklappt. Dann habe ich den Helix LT (mit den gedrückten Tastern 9 & 10 neu gestartet). Laut Anleitung sollte dabei die Firmware auf 3.6 angepasst werden. Doch nach dem Vorgang ist auf dem Helix LT immer noch 3.5

Was mache ich falsch?
Vielen Dank für jede Hilfe,
Hartmut

According to  your own description you first updated HX Edit to 3.6.  Then you updated Helix Native to 3.6.  Then restarted Helix LT, but you never mentioned updating your Helix LT.  If that's the case, of course your Helix LT isn't updated to 3.6.  You have to go through update to the 3.6 firmware using HX Edit 3.6 which involved doing the backup, doing the firmware install, and doing the reboot of the Helix LT....THOSE are the instructions.

When I go to "Check for update" in Helix Edit, it tells me "no update available".

And as I understand the description, if I restarted with buttons 9 & 10 pressed (with Helix LT connected to the Mac via USB), it should automatically recognise that there is an update and it would install automatically. However, THAT is apparently not the case. However, nowhere in Line6's descriptions do I see how it could be done otherwise..... Hence the question.

There is also something rather strange: the amplifier model "Grammatiko" is only supposed to be included in 3.6. But it is also on my Helix, although it still has 3.5.... strange.... or have I also misunderstood something here?!?

Wenn ich in Helix Edit auf "Update suchen" gehe, dann wird mir gesagt: "kein Update verfügbar".

Und so wie ich die Beschreibung verstehe, sollte bei einem Neustart mit gedrückten Schaltern 9 & 10 (bei per USB an den Mac angeschlossenen Helix LT) automatisch erkannt werden, dass da ein Update ist und es würde sich automatisch installieren. DAS ist aber scheinbar nicht der Fall. Mir erschließt sich aber aus den Beschreibungen von Line6 nirgendwo, wie es anders gehen sollte.... Daher hier die Frage.

Es kommt noch etwas recht seltsames hinzu: das Verstärkermodell "Grammatiko" soll ja erst bein 3.6 dabei sein. Auf meinem Helix ist es aber auch, obwohl es noch 3.5 hat.... seltsam.... oder hab ich hier auch was falsch verstanden?!?

There is an identified bug with HX Edit running on a certain version of Mac OS that affects detecting updates. I forget which specific version but it sounds like the one you’re using. The bug will be fixed soon. Meantime….

Go to the Downloads page and search for v3.6 of Helix Firmware. Download the file to a location on your computer. Run the Line 6 Updater program, part of the HX Edit installation package so you should already have it installed. Choose to Update from File and select the downloaded firmware file to install.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 5:22 AM, hoooray said:

There is also something rather strange: the amplifier model "Grammatiko" is only supposed to be included in 3.6. But it is also on my Helix, although it still has 3.5.... strange.... or have I also misunderstood something here?!?

I suspect you are looking at HX Edit saying .... "hey look, my Helix has the Grammatiko". 

Close HX Edit and go look at your Helix screen.... that's what your Helix has.   

HX Edit and your Helix are not equal until both are on the same version. 

I can confirm there is a bug on MacOS version that prevent HX Edit 3.5 to see the 3.6 update, and even if you manually install the HX Edit 3.6 it won't see the available 3.6 hardware update.

Use the Line 6 Updater app for the hardware.

• Upvote 1

I had these same issues today, but on top of that, the Line 6 updater wouldn't recognize that my helix was connected to my iMac until I closed/quit HX Edit. As soon as I did that, Line 6 Updater recognized and connected to the Helix and I was able to update the firmware to 3.6. I'm a newbie and I just got this Helix yesterday so it's ALOT to wrap my brain around. The 3.6 update instructions should include needing to download the Line 6 Updater for the 3.6 firmware update + the helpful tip of quitting the HX Edit application AFTER you've updated that to 3.6 so that the Line 6 Update app can function properly for the firmware update.