Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 300 doesn't work

Hello, I disassembled my 300 to repair variax connector. I checked and found the connectors being at the right places but there's no sound any longer. Also there is a small rectangle plate as on the picture fallen off from the electronic guts. My question is what is it and can it make any impact on the sound?

20230516_193827.jpg

Can’t say what the rectangular piece is because you don’t provide the scale or material. Is it the size of your hand? Your thumb? Half of your baby fingernail? Is it metal, rubber, or plastic?

But in any case you’ve already shown yourself to be unable to repair your Variax. If you want to get it working again you should take it to an authorized Line 6 service center.

I’m no Variax repair technician but I suspect this is some sort of shielding material to prevent the possibility of internal short circuiting. If you don’t know exactly where it came from and don’t replace it in exactly the right position that may explain your problem.

Worst case? What you’ve done by powering on the Variax without that shielding installed has allowed a short circuit to fry one or more of the internal electronic parts. You may now be looking at an expensive repair.

Again, the most prudent thing to do is take to an authorized repair centre.