Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can HX effects sync clock with Daws (ableton) over midi?

Mareckiwt

Ok, thanks. I didnt have the manual bc I was planing to get the hx effects. Sold my helix rack bc IT was to big for me to carry around. So I decided to get sth smaller but clock sync is crucial for me. But youre right I could download the manual.

• Upvote 1

It is in the manual and claims to be able to do it but I've sent it clock endlessly and it never works reliably. I'm on 3.50. The only reliable way I've found is to set the tempo in globals and forget about midi sync. If you get it to track  different tempos as you switch projects, do let me know how you did it.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:23 PM, stratblue said:

It is in the manual and claims to be able to do it but I've sent it clock endlessly and it never works reliably. I'm on 3.50. The only reliable way I've found is to set the tempo in globals and forget about midi sync. If you get it to track  different tempos as you switch projects, do let me know how you did it.

Yep, that's valid for every single Helix or HX device. The clock used for the sync is terrible.

• Upvote 1

Ok I did it. Pretty straight forward. In Hx Effects sync with midi, plug midi in from Hx Effects to audio interface (midi port), in Ableton settings - midi tab - tick the middle ‚sync’ with your midi device.

Next when you hit play on Ableton, the Tap button on Hx Effects starts blinking blue instead of red. Works for me flawlesly each time. No need to connect the Hx via usb.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:03 AM, Mareckiwt said:

Ok I did it. Pretty straight forward. In Hx Effects sync with midi, plug midi in from Hx Effects to audio interface (midi port), in Ableton settings - midi tab - tick the middle ‚sync’ with your midi device.

Next when you hit play on Ableton, the Tap button on Hx Effects starts blinking blue instead of red. Works for me flawlesly each time. No need to connect the Hx via usb.

Try setting your delay time to quarter notes, swap projects and see if it stays in sync, not just the blue light flashing, actually see if as you play they stay in time.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, PierM said:

Yep, that's valid for every single Helix or HX device. The clock used for the sync is terrible.

I had a Line 6 Echo Pro back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and was sh1t at sync too. Hard to believe that they still haven't got it together.