Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix native license not working after changing processor

millerstomp

I had a hardware damage on my macbook pro and had to change a part of my hardware.

processor and ram are new but the harddisk is still the same.
After that the license did no longer work.

I always got the error

"Failed to connect dsp engine (Device has not been initalized properly. [code -8201])"

when i am online a window appears with the message:
"Helix Native Failed to get favourite names. Service is not online [code -8207]"

I updated to version 3.6 (HX Edit worked)

(another problem is that i am not able to restore my old backups from the versions before 3.6)

could anybody please help me?

I did a complete new install (deleted the plugins and also the library folders) but this did not help.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:44 PM, millerstomp said:

could anybody please help me?

H

I think you may have fallen foul of this situation. I realise you say that the drive is still the same, but did the name of the root hard drive change. Check this out.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 5/23/2023 at 9:39 PM, datacommando said:

H

I think you may have fallen foul of this situation. I realise you say that the drive is still the same, but did the name of the root hard drive change. Check this out.

Changing the hostname could maybe be a good idea.

I just have the fear that this concerns my other licenses like the iLok stuff...

On 5/23/2023 at 8:50 PM, millerstomp said:

I just have the fear that this concerns my other licenses like the iLok stuff...

Ooooh, that is a thing that seizes me with a mighty dread - iLok is a law unto itself.

It sounds like it has been named after LOKI. AAARRRGGHHH!

On 5/23/2023 at 10:17 PM, datacommando said:

Ooooh, that is a thing that seizes me with a mighty dread - iLok is a law unto itself.

It sounds like it has been named after LOKI. AAARRRGGHHH!

changed the hostname - no problem with iLok
but the helix native problem remains...

oh my god, what a buggy software...
after 3 hours try & error i finally found a solution...
(I carried out the steps individually several times over and over again until they worked):

• first i deactivated my computer in the line6 authentication system. (it took a long time until I even found out that something like this exists and then I had to find it)
  • then i did a basic uninstall of hx edit and helix native.
  • since that wasn't enough on the first try, i had to go deep into the file and registration system of mac on the next attempts, remove helix-native entries in various system and user library folders, and delete the plugins individually.

but this still didn't work:

• unfortunately you also had to delete the user folder (renaming it wasn't enough - hxedit automatically found renamed libraries) - of course i made a zip of it first.
  • then you had to reinstall the applications.
  • the first time you tried to log in, you had to turn off the firewall and be online - otherwise the application always crashed straight away.
  • when registering, the computer was then re-authorized via the open internet connection
  • after that the plugin crashed regularly again with reaper.
  • then i had to add the new standard user library again and remove my custom backup, which could be set up at setlist level in the meantime
  • in the loading menu of reaper i set the plugin as a separate process.
  • then I blocked the firewall again and then helix native suddenly ran
  • then the standard setlist was read in and when this was completed even restoring the old setlist worked.

On 5/24/2023 at 12:02 AM, millerstomp said:

oh my god, what a buggy software...

Glad you managed to get back up and running, but Native I wouldn’t regard it as being particularly “buggy” as such - most of the things you encountered are part of the copy protection for the plug in.

In the Helix Native Pilot's Guide, on page 6 you can find the info you needed about de-authorising your computer, under the heading - "Removing Helix Native".

http://uk.line6.com/support/manuals/helix-native/

Simply, click on the “My Account” menu item, and select “Deauthorise Computer” from the pop up.

The Pilot’s Guide is also built in to the GUI of Native and available by clicking on the question mark icon in the lower left of the window.

There is also this in depth post regarding issues with the Mac Migration Assistant - it describes the removal of Native completely.