Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT will not load past boot screen

salty891

Hello, 

I have looked at the other booting issues but have not seen one like this.

I have Helix LT

Using WIN 10 and loaded the latest firmware, 3.6.

I get to the loading screen and the red bar goes across the bottom then it just hangs there. 

Sucks because it happened in the middle of a gig and I was stuck without my effects...

no one kicked it or spilled beer into it... The Helix just rebooted out of nowhere and would not go past this screen.

See pic...

I am able to get it into update mode

I re-loaded 3.5. Same issue

i then tried 3.6 again

same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_9502.jpg

On 5/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, salty891 said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ah, the dreaded :-28 Error Code in red on the top left of the screen!

There was a whole thread started about this, from way back in 2017, see if there are any clues in there.

I would be tempted to boot into Safe Mode and do a re-install of the latest firmware.

Failing that raise a ticket with Customer Support and let us know what happens.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

I have the same issue as this. It's happened a few times but turning the unit on and off normally resolved the problem. However, mine has been stuck with -28 since Saturday night and I wasn't able to use it. Tried rebooting in safe mode and I've been able to update the firmware but still stuck on the loading page with that error code in the corner. Opened up a ticket but not holding out too much hope as I haven't found a definitive reason or resolution to this on any forum. I've spoken to the shop I purchased it from and they are arranging to collect it and send it away under warranty. Not sure what else to do. Shame, I thought Line 6 would have had an answer to what this issue is, why it happens and what you need to do to fix it but obviously not.