Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question regarding main outs

mikeabbs67

My current setup is L(mono) to a Powercab 112+ and the 112+ to FOH.   If I am using only mono blocks can I route my R main out to headrush frfr for use as a personal monitor wedge?  In other words when everything in the chain is mono do the L and R main outs have identical signal?  

Assuming one of the bigger units - a)yeah, the signal is the same from mono to the L/R's.  B) The way I always did it was to send XLR to the FOH, decoupled from the big volume knob - and the 1/4" to my stage frfr's controlled by that big knob.  The house gets a constant send for the sound guy to handle, and you can jigger the stage level to suit your needs.

• Upvote 2

Take the L/Mono Out to your stage monitor. That gives you volume knob control of that.

Place a CAB or IR Block on Path B and split the Path so that Path B uses Outputs 3/4.

Take a 1/4" cable from the SEND Out to either the board (if close) or a DI Box (if over 20' away). That gives you a steady output to FOH.

Example attached.

mikeabbs67.hlx

• Upvote 1