Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pass on expression pedal as midi data to Chase Bliss pedal

simonbrinck

Hi,

I have just got a Mood MKII and I'm waiting for my TRS-to-midi cable to arrive.

I have a HX Effects and two expression pedals connected to it. Is it possible to pass on one of the expression pedals as midi CC values to the Mood? This would be great because then I could change presets on the mood with the HX and use the expression for different things in different presets on the mood. Otherwise I could connect one of the expression pedals to the Mood directly, but then I wouldn't be able to use that expression with other effects on the HX. 

It is possible to send the midi CC values based on HX FX EXP pedal movement over the MIDI or USB connections. How is your Chase Bliss pedal connected to the HX FX? The midi commands are not sent over the HX FX audio outputs.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, simonbrinck said:

Hi,

I have just got a Mood MKII and I'm waiting for my TRS-to-midi cable to arrive.

I have a HX Effects and two expression pedals connected to it. Is it possible to pass on one of the expression pedals as midi CC values to the Mood? This would be great because then I could change presets on the mood with the HX and use the expression for different things in different presets on the mood. Otherwise I could connect one of the expression pedals to the Mood directly, but then I wouldn't be able to use that expression with other effects on the HX. 

Hi,

As noted by @silverhead in the post above your Exp can send MIDI CC using the 5 pic DIN MIDI Out of your HXFX to the TRS  MIDI In on the Chase Bliss Mood Mk2.

Check the HX Effects Owner’s Manual for detail of MIDI implementation.

HX

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:13 PM, datacommando said:

As noted by @silverhead in the post above your Exp can send MIDI CC using the 5 pic DIN MIDI Out of your HXFX to the TRS  MIDI In on the Chase Bliss Mood Mk2

This is true.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:13 PM, datacommando said:

Check the HX Effects Owner’s Manual for detail of MIDI implementation.

I did and it did not help me, that is why I made this post :)

I know that I can map the expression information with the Learn function on the HX - but how can I assign the exp. to a CC and send it?

EDIT: Perhaps I can do somethin in the Command Center that will make the expression pedal send a CC globally but not per preset which would be even cooler. Will check soon.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:58 PM, simonbrinck said:

I know that I can map the expression information with the Learn function on the HX - but how can I assign the exp. to a CC and send it?

Page 41 of the manual;

IMG-2209.jpg

• Upvote 1