Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using X3 Live As A Stompbox Only

DanMahar

• 4 weeks later...

I think you mean you don't want to use the X3 amp models but just use it's FX. I've never tired, but to use it in FX in front of your regular amp would be pretty easy. Disable the Amp/Cab on the X3 (set to No amp/cab) and you only have FX, then run into the front of your amp. However; all the FX will be in front of the preamp on your regular amp.  Some like Delay don't work real well there. Not sure if there is a way to route those differntly. Maybe someone else can know the answer to that.

• 3 weeks later...

4 cable method (A quick google search will give you all the info you need) This will allow you to have stomp boxes, noise gate, volume/wah, in front of the amp, and then modulations, reverb, delays, after the pre amp. Basically in the order they should be.

This also allows you to switch between using your amp's tone, or the amp models on the X3 live using the loop function.

• 10 months later...

whats the best way if i want to use multiple over drive and delay pedals with my Pod x3 live? i know it says that you can only use one effect at a time but i see guys using them on their board along with the rest of their stomp boxes

For extra Gain just plug it in front of the input.  You also have a effects loop you can use and place the effects loop post/pre position, you will need to adjust a bit if you using 4 cable method but it should still work.