Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Pod Xt Live Changes And High Up The Volume Suddenly In A Song

The volume of my pod xt live changes and rises suddenly when it is playing. It occurs in any Bank, clean or with distortion, for no apparent reason. I did reset to return to factory sounds and begin to edit new sounds the problem once again to appear. I've taken the multi-effects a qualified and has not found any mechanical cause. The warranty has already expired. I don't know what I can do. What can I do?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thanks, UberGuru line6 expert. Follow your advice.  I hope to be able to plug the guitar soon and try your advice. I hope it works and I can continue to enjoy the great tones of the pod with my band. I will inform you of the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I've put the pod xt live potentiometers zero and it did not work. The volume rises only and stays there. Volume pedal does not work in this case. I have rotated the button that lies behind the pod to regulate the genaral output to a suitable volume level. So I can play a little, until suddenly, the volume of the appliance back to its original level. Soon, the volume rises again. I don't understand what happens.

Hello. I've put the pod xt live potentiometers zero and it did not work. The volume rises only and stays there. Volume pedal does not work in this case. I have rotated the button that lies behind the pod to regulate the genaral output to a suitable volume level. So I can play a little, until suddenly, the volume of the appliance back to its original level. Soon, the volume rises again. I don't understand what happens.

I am guessing here but it may be a problem with your volume pedal (based on the "volume pedal doesn't work" comment).

Here is a link to the XTL FAQ scroll down to see the calibration proceedure: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4747

If the pedal is at fault you can set up an external expression pedal to control the volume.

Hope that helped!

-B

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have followed the instructions for calibrating the pedal's volume of the Pod xt live, but to move the pedal towards the heel and move it forward any "click" is heard and to keep it tight for 10 seconds no green light does not light.However, I have noticed an improvement, although the volume of the Pod continues to change. I think that it is a software problem. Meanwhile, I'll try to use my other "Boss" volume pedal to control the volume of the Pod, as you recommend me. It seems a good idea.

Gracias -B

Edu

• 5 years later...

Hi Everyone , 

Just to let you know, I have recently solved a longstanding issue when my podxt live  just strangely changed volume and or the 

tone  suddenly turned extremely ugly with horrible high frecuencies spoiling the sound.

After doing several support tickets and even sending it to a line 6 dealer and paying over 150 euros , it turns out that 

the problem was I had a UK power supply and had moved from th UK  to Spain where apparantly  a 240 volt adapter is needed !!

My UK power supply only went up to 230 volts !

Please check this first if you have moved country . Hope this helps.

Rod