Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Whats A Decent Way To Set Up The Pod Xt Live?

My other guitar player asked if I could take a look at his rig this week and see if I can give him a hand making it sound better. He left it at my place. His rig is a marshall mg100hdfx stack and the POd XT Live (pedal board). His amp has an effects loop, but the pod does not.

His amp is solid state and sound very tinny.

I was wonder what, if anything, I can do to help him out?

TIA

Hey There,

Your Bud has options. He can use the head as a power amp and run the XTL into the return ''or go" Guitar-> head -> send-> XTL input->XTL out-> return (looks right and would use the head's pre) :-)

I prefer the simple power amp method -> nice and simple and let's the XTL do its thing.

IMO Solid State can sound real good.

-B

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the response! I was leaning towards using the head as a power amp also, but not sure how to do that. I appreciate the instructions. So its as simple as going guitar into the amp, and then the XTL in to its out and then it returns to where? The input of the amps effects loop? (sorry if these are dumb questions)

Gearbox.

You will want to download newest Monkey to update everything.

http://line6.com/software/

Word of caution, if it was purchased 2nd hand with additional model packs from previous owner, you will lose them (unless they were gifted).

PODxt live comes with the Power pack and FX-Jumnkie, so no worried on losing those.

Gearbox.

You will want to download newest Monkey to update everything.

http://line6.com/software/

Word of caution, if it was purchased 2nd hand with additional model packs from previous owner, you will lose them (unless they were gifted).

PODxt live comes with the Power pack and FX-Jumnkie, so no worried on losing those.

Thank you. I don't think that's an issue, he isn't very cimputer savvy. I'll be shocked if, when I hook it up to monkey, if he has the latest firmware (if there has been an upgrade).

Thank you for the response! I was leaning towards using the head as a power amp also, but not sure how to do that. I appreciate the instructions. So its as simple as going guitar into the amp, and then the XTL in to its out and then it returns to where? The input of the amps effects loop? (sorry if these are dumb questions)

I responded to the PM but JIC - yep - the good ole ''line in''. Unless I am usuing an amp with a sweet preamp I always run them this way. Let the modeler model.

But as I wrote - just set the volumes at a real low level to start with and turn the head on after the XTL is.

Hey! I did do as you said. I ended up using the XT live as effects only and am getting a good result for him. I'll know more after band practice Sunday (to see how it sits in the mix). :)

Excellent my man! You had me digging out my old XT the other day and now I might drag that out next week to practice (into a Rocktron 120 btw)!