Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Sudden Loss Of Amp Sims

paco777david

I've been gigging with my HD500 for about a year with no problems. I was tweaking some presets yesterday using the HD editor on my Mac Mini, left for an hour or so and when I came back the sound was thin and weak, nothing but effects. When I cut all the effects off I'm left with a very thin weak guitar signal. When I turn the amp sim off, I have no signal. I've reset the firmware and done a global reset (left button, boot) and nothing has helped. All the tones (factory included) have lost any amp sim. Any ideas?

Update: ends up the headphone jack is, well… jacked. All the other connections work fine but I have to pull the ¼" headphone jack about halfway out to hear the sounds correctly. Still can't figure out why this suddenly happened, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ends up the headphones were the culprit. Bose headphones must have been reproducing only L or R signal in both ears, not sure. Anyway, sorry Line 6… you guys have and continue to amaze me with your quality products, from my very first "kidney bean" POD, to the X3 Live and now my HD 500x. Truly professional simulations, I'm so fond of running through a FRFR system that I can't imagine going back to tube amps. Thanks!

• Upvote 1