Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Jam Rca Outputs

Philinwood

Does anyone know about the RCA outputs on the back of the SJ?  I never tried suing them before, but today I tried hooking up a speaker to one of the jacks and had no sound. I have the setting for Normal Mode (as opposed to "Performance Mode" which would shut off the RCA outputs), but still no luck.

I am guessing that the speakers may need to be matched, but I was thinking that I should get at least a little sound on playback.

I've used them for direct recording/monitoring using a stereo RCA to 1/8" male to my laptop and it worked ok. You can use the preamp and effects only with the SJ's Master at 0.

Edited by Brazzy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, could you please explain to me somehow how you got the SJ connected to your laptop with the rca outputs? I tried it, but the laptop is using the combined input/output jack and it seems to be recognizing the cable from my SJ as an output. Thanks 

Hi, could you please explain to me somehow how you got the SJ connected to your laptop with the rca outputs? I tried it, but the laptop is using the combined input/output jack and it seems to be recognizing the cable from my SJ as an output. Thanks 

If I understand you correctly you have a combined Mic/Headphone Jack? My computer uses seperate jacks so I don't have that experience yet, but I may still be able to help you, gonna have to research it. For now you can read how I do it below.

I'm using a Vaio Laptop (6 years old) with Windows 7. I've just got done hooking it up again and it still works fine. Here's what I did. First get amp the setting "Output Routing" to "Normal", there's two choices Normal or Performance. This setting is the 8th one down in the settings section. Then I keep the Master on the SJ at 0. I use just the preamp section (such as the Drive, Volume, Tone Stack, Effects and Reverb) to get my levels the way I want them. Plug the Stereo RCA into the back of the SJ and the 1/8th jack into the Mic input on your computer. Then open up the "Recording Devices" settings and set the levels accordingly, I didn't need to use the boost, and my mic level ended up around +18db for the test clip I made. Then I set the "Listen" tab in the mic settings so that I monitor my sound through my laptop speakers. Then tweak my preamp section to suit. I record with "Windows Sound Recorder" program or "Audacity".

Test Sound Clip Link>>> https://soundcloud.c...sj-test/s-Jsp5l

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...