Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Iphone 5s Compatibility?

MajorFubar

Hi, I've been happily using a MobileKeys 49 with Garageband on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 for a while now. I've just upgraded to a 5S and of course the supplied 30-pin cable does not fit. Are there any plans to market a new cable for the modern iPhones and tablets? I bought a cheap generic 30-pin to Lightning adapter which seems to work with everything except my MobileKeys49, so I'm a bit reticent to blow another £25 on the genuine Apple adapter if that too will fail.

All advice welcome!

Thanks.

.... Are there any plans to market a new cable for the modern iPhones and tablets?.

The reason you're not getting any response is that nobody here (we're all users like you) knows the answer to your question. Open a support ticket and ask Line 6.

But the answer will be something like..."I'm not aware of any plans at this time"... with the unspoken truth that even if they were aware, they aren't saying until/unless it is officially announced and available.

Sorry, I thought this forum would be monitored by Line 6 support staff, seeing that presumably it's an official forum. It seemed quicker than raising a support ticket, which seems primarily aimed at people who have specific complaints or faults. I also presumed that many people here would be using modern iPhones and iPads and could speak from experience. After all, the Lightening connector has been around for quite a while now, it's not new technology.

• 9 months later...