Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

tone compatibility between products

ssgtfoote24

I just got a POD GO, so I'm trying to experiment and learn in depth on this device and how to make the most out of it.  I have been using a Spider V the last few years.  I have some tones on the Spider that I worked on for hours dialing in, and am trying to figure out how to export/import those tones to the POD GO.  Are tones compatible between different products? any tips/advice are appreciated. thanks in advance

• ssgtfoote24 changed the title to tone compatibility between products

No, tones are generally not compatible between products. You can’t import Spider tones into the POD Go.

As a starting point I would examine your favourite Spider tones, take detailed notes on the amp/FX models, and manually create POD Go tones using the same or closest amp/FX models. Then adjust the parameters to taste. The same parameter settings for the same models will not sound identical due to differences in the underlying modeling technology.

• Upvote 1

yep, this page https://helixhelp.com/models/ describes what's what in Go vs Real.  Bit weird Spider manual doesn't describe its effects, older models had at least basics described...  But yeah dozen vs hundreds...  ok list here, doesn't seem to correspond to Go...

Also, if you have a looper, very convenient to play 2-3 riffs, loop, and edit without having to switch from edit to play to hear how the change sounds.  Looks like Spider has android app, so looper, side by side android phone/tablet & PC editing with PGo edit would be optimal as for delays getting the right settings is pretty crucial..

But anyway, not sure how exact you have to be, half the fun is learning the device, trying out new sounds and learning the new amps/effects.  Dialing a new tone once you've got the UI figured out isn't that hard.  I'd recommend checking out the IR thread and getting the best IR in the world, that can alleviate things quite a bit as you don't have to mess around with cabs and mic settings, and can learn amps & effects.