Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 - Line 5 Monkey Can't Install Driver On My Windows 7 64 Pc

moonmusic

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I looked on this forum to find a solution as to why I could no longer connect my HD500 to Line 6 Monkey via USB.  The USB felt a bit loose and I noticed there was no middle block in the port but couldn't recall if that had always been the case with the port.  I contacted Customer Support about this and they recommended I bring it to a service center or order a new USB port from Full Compass.

I had also found during my forum search a recommendation for getting the footswitches upgraded by Jim Rogers of R3FX so I thought I'd give the upgrade a try and ask Jim if he could also replace the USB port to which he responded positively.  So I ordered the part from Full Compass and sent it along with my HD500 to R3FX.  I have to say that the switches are really nice.  Much better in feel and action than the stock ones but my USB connectivity problems persist.

What really drives me bonkers on this is that Jim recorded a video of my unit going through testing and it shows the unit being connected via USB to his PC which then immediately shows up in Windows Device Manager and then he opens Line 6 Monkey (L6M) and it shows up there as well.  On my PC, it shows up in Device Manager with the dreaded yellow yield sign with embedded exclamation mark and, in L6M, it does not find an HD500 when initially searching for devices.  I manually pick the HD500 from devices and I get to the L6M's main window which shows the driver has not yet been installed.

I did an uninstall of all Line 6 software as per customer support's advice and reinstalled L6M and then tried to install the driver from within L6M, all the while making sure that the HD500 wasn't connected to the PC until prompted by L6M.  Upon doing that, Windows 7 shows an installing driver window which soon fails and L6M, ignorant of the fact, just suggests that you close the window as the driver install is now complete.

I've tried this install on my PC and my laptop with no success and can't figure out what is wrong.  I've attached a link to the YouTube video showing my HD500 connecting to L6M.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on this very frustrating situation?

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tweD9omu9X8&feature=youtu.be

ive had this issue with an hd pro, trying to get the pod to record has been a nightmare. heres what i did: line 6 monkey did exactly what u describe in your post. it went through the installation process except, when i reopen monkey, it does not detect the POD automatically nor have any drivers actually been installed. 

i closed monkey and downloaded the driver myself from the list off the line 6 website which i stumbled across through google. i installed this. then monkey detected my pod and the driver had a green checkmark. 

next i encountered a similar issue trying to update the firmware, it wouldnt detect the pod and time out, even though in the previous screen the pod was clearly detected. to fix this, i simply closed monkey again and turned the power on the pod off and on. upon starting monkey again, i found the firmware updated with a green check mark. weird. 

its like a soap opera with this thing always some curve ball outta nowhere, let us know what happens next!

When the middle block of the USB port gets displaced/lost the issue is not resolved by simply replacing the port. An internal electronic part also needs to be replaced. That's what an authorized repair centre would do, and what Jim perhaps did not do.

If it wasn't done, that's likely the cause of your ongoing USB connectivity issues.

• 1 year later...