Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Battery Power For Hd500x

Gabrielbreen

Hi I have just bought the HD500X to go with my Variax. Can anyone tell me if the HD will work with the Sanyo

Eneloop Pedal Juice box which gives the ability to use fx pedals without batteries or access to direct electricity. I think it gives up to 50 hours autonomy with each charge. Or, if there are any other compatible products which will do this for the 500x.

Thanks in advance, GB

I guess the best thing to do would be to check out your manuals and see if the Juice Box can output the power requirements for the HDx.

Oooh -> You might want to check with support to see if "not" using the factory power supply would void the warrenty.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for that BillBee, but I hadn't yet bought the Sanyo product. I was just asking if anyone knew if this or some other product  would do the job, ie supply adequate battery power...at a reasonable price.

That's a good point re the warranty though.

Thanks again.

The max output listed for the Sanyo Pedal Juice product is 2000mA. The HD500X's power supply is rated at 2500mA. The HD500X doesn't draw that much continuously. I'm not sure what it's average draw is. I'd venture to guess somewhere between 60-80% of the 2500mA rating. So I'd say the Sanyo product might work to power the HD500X for a little while, but not for too long. Sanyo claims that it can power a 1000mA load for two hours. So, you'd probably be looking at an hour or less with the HD500X if it even worked at all.

You'd probably be better off with one of the portable power pack solutions, like this: http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DRPP300-Powerpack-300-Watt-Emergency/dp/B009YR00L4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1396454097&sr=8-16&keywords=duracell+inverter

Btw, I moved this thread to the POD HD forum since it's talking specifically about the HD500X.

Haa! I was wondering were it went Phil! :)

But you are right on the specs, in one older post I read where the DC-3G might output ~ 3a so I wouldn't even plug the Sanyo unit in. Call me paranoid but the HDx is a bit pricey to ''try'' an offspec ps.

BTW did L6 change the barrel size so the PX can't be accidently plugged in? (Still saving for an HD myself).

-B

Thanks for this guys. I will look at the Duracell option tomorrow. I'm just surprised that musician specific kit doesn't seem to

be readily available, but I have only started to consider this in the last day or two. Maybe there's a Line 6 approved solution

which would not interfere with warranty.

GB

Hi guys, the Duracell product isn't available in Europe, and doesn't ship to Europe. There are like products, but not what I was looking for. I'll nose around to see if anything else pops up. If anyone discovers a viable portable power option, I'd appreciate a post here. I'd still love to know if Line 6 has any suggestions.

Thanks again for the help.

• 8 years later...

For anyone that comes across this thread 8 years later, I tried various things and finally found the Mission Engineering 529P power bank - https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/power/usb-battery/. Comes with everything you need to power an HD500X on battery (polarity reverser, 2.1mm ->2.5mm adapter). Apparently it also works with the HX stomp and other Line 6 pedals that accept DC power. Pretty excited about this so I can play my Variax through my pod into my JBL battery powered speaker (along with my VoiceLive 3 for looping and subtle vocal effects) on the street. This power bank should be good for at least 2 hours according to the ratings of both devices. Probably substantially more, depending on your patch setup.