Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Monkey?!?

gsperry

Just one last ditch effort to try and be able to buy an AMPLIFI 150.

Is there a way to get Line 6 Monkey to work with an AMPLIFI? If so, damn the IOS features, I'll use an FBV.

I can still return my Fender Mustang III and would in a heartbeat if I can use Line 6 Monkey to edit the patches on this.

Here's hoping for a positive answer.

No, at the current time an iOS device is the only means of editing the amplifi. 

it does have a "future use" usb connection and possibly who knows what platform apps in development....

but the answer for now is NO.

• Upvote 1

Sad and a bit infuriating.

Fender Mustang it is.

I had also thought about a POD HD 500 and a Tech 21 for a B rig. That would let me share patches with my PRO. The problem is it's just too much coin for a B rig setup.

I suppose that is what I'll have to do if the Mustang III is as bad as I think it might be. I use a Mesa amp in my A rig and I'm more than skeptical that Fender can get close.

I guess it depends on what you want a B-rig for. If it's intended to be a backup for an A-rig then you may not want to sacrifice quality and tone; you may want the B-rig to sound just as good. But if you want a much cheaper B-rig then you surely can't expect it to sound as good.

I certainly don't expect it to sound as good. I've spent many thousands on my main rig. The key is for the B rig to be light and portable and resemble the A rig in terms of floor controls so I can rehearse with one and gig with the other. I suppose a Spider could do that, but I played one the other day and the sound was just really bad.

I hope they either get their act together with the Amplifi or come out with a Spider V series that has the POD HD as its core.

Why??

There's the DT series.

Yes. The DT series are good, but for an entirely different use case. If I were looking to replace my main gigging amp and didn't care about cost or portability, I might consider one. It would be going up against a Mesa Mark V, though, and would likely lose.

What I want is a good sounding, light, and reasonably priced amp that I can rehearse with. I would love to have most of my effects built in and control it the same way I do my main rig (via FBV) so it's all second nature come showtime. I think there is a good market for that kind of product and I for one would be an eager customer.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering this exactly. And while we're at it, why exclude 79% of all people who own a smart phone from being able to connect to your device?

When you support android and/or use of Line6 Monkey, I would be glad to pay your price for this amp.

• 2 weeks later...

Line6's lack of support for Android-based devices is very disappointing.

Android is the most popular mobile OS and as of 2013, its devices also sell more than Windows, iOS and Mac OS devices combined. In the third quarter of 2013, Android's share of the global smartphone shipment market was 81.3%, the highest ever. 

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

it also features the most non-cohesive wild west of software implementations and hardware....

just saying the iphone poularity with manufacturers and software developers alike is because of the consistency in software and hardware etc...

seeing as we're only talking about a wireless bluetooth connection in this instance, i think it's likely an app will happen at some point...

also important to remember that we're only talking about guitarists with phones/tablets... not the population as a whole....

just saying.... that could make the percentages change significantly.

Line6's lack of support for Android-based devices is very disappointing.

Android is the most popular mobile OS and as of 2013, its devices also sell more than Windows, iOS and Mac OS devices combined. In the third quarter of 2013, Android's share of the global smartphone shipment market was 81.3%, the highest ever. 

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)