Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Signal Chain?

julioborko

I came across GP mag's review of the Amplifi (April issue) and saw their photo of the app's UI.

post-1101826-0-08210900-1396570181_thumb.jpg

Hopefully you can see it; glossy pages don't photograph well! What I noticed was that it shows eq and compression at the end of the chain. That's funny because on mine I can't move those two from where they are.

post-1101826-0-60552500-1396570199_thumb.jpg

I just thought that's the way it is. Is it just me? Can anyone else move these? I'd love to eq and compress at the end!

You can't move those blocks, but their position in the chain changes based on where you have the things you can move. So if you want them at the end of the chain, you'd move the blocks for Mod, Delay, and Reverb before them. To move block, you just tap them and drag them.

You can't move those blocks, but their position in the chain changes based on where you have the things you can move. So if you want them at the end of the chain, you'd move the blocks for Mod, Delay, and Reverb before them. To move block, you just tap them and drag them.

Yeah I tried that too. Still didn't work. If you look at the pic you can see markers on the chain which indicate where things can be moved to.

post-1101826-0-68176000-1396579302_thumb.jpg

Ok. Yeah I see that - but that assumes you're running through a clean amp (i.e. all effects are preamp). My question is why can't we as users decide to put each block wherever we want? It seems silly to me that we can move only certain ones. Especially since what is being shown as promo material is not accurate (and I know that's often the case). This is just something that made me sit up and say "hey, wait a minute!"