Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro No Sound From Guitar And Blue Screen Crashes

Agile830

Hello,

I'll preface this by saying I'm new to instrument audio interfaces so excuse my ignorance. I've also googled about these problems and have not found any real help.

I just got the POD Pro a couple of days ago so I could play my guitar through my PC but so far I've had nothing but problems. First is no sound. I cannot for the life of me get sound through my powered speakers. I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card that the speaker system is connected to. I have read that you need a DAW and set the input to ASIO, I downloaded Reaper to try it out. It detects the POD and I set it to ASIO and nothing. I've read in some places that I may need to just use powered monitors or switch wires back and forth between my sound card and the POD. I just figured it would work using the USB and it would be good to go. So far I only have a headphone guitar amp simulator that I paid around 700 dollars for.

Second is blue screens of death. I'll turn on the POD and it will be ok for a while but if I try to change a setting like in the windows audio devices or in a program like POD HD PRO edit my PC will crash. I've gotten three different blue screens that have ntoskrnl.exe in common the most recent one has L6HDPRO64 in it. I've updated all drivers for my pc even ones for my chipset, usb etc. The only thing I can't update is my graphics card. That's a whole different story. All attempts to update it's driver have failed and I can't figure it out.

Any help on these problems would be great. This was a large chunk of cash to spend if I can't use it. I have around 60 days to return it. I don't want to but I will if I have to.

Sorry if this comes off really negative but I'm kind of frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

here are a couple of things to look at while your waiting for a more knowledgeable individual

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2334

http://line6.com/support/community/support/pod_support/pod_hd?view=documents

this last link is a page to all documents; something might help. keep in mind that the hd500 and desktop models are very similar and some of the documents  concerning them might help. 

you should do a global reset, it might possibly help with the bsd 

Try ASIO4ALL. It is a free ASIO driver that your S'blaster might need. S'blaster is not really a recording soundcard, more for game and video playback. If it is full duplex though you should be able to hear the recorded sound while recording a new track. M-audio 24/96 or others similar and better are the entry level audio card.

So first up make sure the HDPro is up to date with drivers for the O/S on your computer. Use Monkey to update everything if you haven't already.

Next make sure the S'blaster drivers are the latest for the O/S on your PC.

ASIO4ALL should solve it.

It could be a hardware issue too. Remove the audio card and clean and reinsert. Make sure it works and plays audio just off the PC.

Once everything installed, in your DAW preferences make sure HDPro usb ticked and the ins and outs on the S'blaster as well.

Arm the track to listen, called echo in some DAWs next to the record button.

Hope you work it out without too much hassle.

Okay I see from rereading your post you have updated all your drivers and that is good but the graphics which won't. This could be the culprit. Conflict. Definitely try the above. Also at what point did the blue screen start and undo that change.

My bet is the HDPro's USB driver. Make sure you got the latest for the OS your using. And hit restart as I found it to recognize but not be there to run until restarted. Cheers

• Upvote 1

ASIO4ALL will give you loads of other problems stay away from it....

even if it works the latency numbers it reports are inaccurate (afterall it's not really ASIO compliant, just a workaround)

there is no reason to ever use ASIO4ALL unless you have an interface in which the manufacturer does not provide ASIO drivers...

creative generally does provide ASIO drivers, i would look to them for an update.

although it's not a proper interface per se, and will not give you pro level results...

but will likely provide you with reasonable results, depending on your expectations.

Try ASIO4ALL. It is a free ASIO driver that your S'blaster might need. S'blaster is not really a recording soundcard, more for game and video playback. If it is full duplex though you should be able to hear the recorded sound while recording a new track. M-audio 24/96 or others similar and better are the entry level audio card.

So first up make sure the HDPro is up to date with drivers for the O/S on your computer. Use Monkey to update everything if you haven't already.

Next make sure the S'blaster drivers are the latest for the O/S on your PC.

ASIO4ALL should solve it.

It could be a hardware issue too. Remove the audio card and clean and reinsert. Make sure it works and plays audio just off the PC.

Once everything installed, in your DAW preferences make sure HDPro usb ticked and the ins and outs on the S'blaster as well.

Arm the track to listen, called echo in some DAWs next to the record button.

Hope you work it out without too much hassle.

Okay I see from rereading your post you have updated all your drivers and that is good but the graphics which won't. This could be the culprit. Conflict. Definitely try the above. Also at what point did the blue screen start and undo that change.

My bet is the HDPro's USB driver. Make sure you got the latest for the OS your using. And hit restart as I found it to recognize but not be there to run until restarted. Cheers

here are a couple of things to look at while your waiting for a more knowledgeable individual

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2334

http://line6.com/support/community/support/pod_support/pod_hd?view=documents

this last link is a page to all documents; something might help. keep in mind that the hd500 and desktop models are very similar and some of the documents  concerning them might help. 

you should do a global reset, it might possibly help with the bsd 

Thanks for the links. I did update the firmware and drivers when I first started using it. I might try the global reset, hopefully that will work. DOC-2334 might be helpful, but one of my crashes happned when I was using the audio control panel while the POD was turned on and connected. Would I have to disable the X-fi card first, then set the POD to be the playback and recording device? Then when I want to use my speakers for normal pc sound use I would have to reverse the process?

I'll try all of this after I can get passed this video card driver problem. Thanks for the replies, any more would be great.

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

. I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card that the speaker system is connected to. 

Thanks in advance.......

If you must use your sound blaster sound card, then the outputs of your pod need to be connected to the Soundblaster in, however you can accomplish that (if the soundblaster has spdif in, then use that). The idea is that to hear sound, the outputs of the POD have to be connected to an amplification source, in your case it's the SB LIVE. That's fine. When you're selecting HD PRO ASIO from Reaper or any DAW, the POD outputs still have to be connected to the input of (sound blaster live, Powered speaker or any other system of your choice).

At first it might seem a little confusing to wrap your head around but it's quite that simple. To hear a sound from any sound card, you must plug the output of that soundcard to an amplification source (home stereo, headphones, Power speakers etc.) and when you use the POD HD as a sound card, the same applies. The HD will function perfectly as a sound card and you don't need any other Driver except the driver that comes with it, just make sure from your daw to choose HD ASIO. I have the HD500, the name of the driver is HD500 ASIO, in your case it might be HD PRO ASIO.

Also if you're using the POD ASIO driver, I highly recommend setting the audio option from your DAW that reference your POD HD. In your Operating system select the SB live as a play back and record. There's obsolutely no need to select your POD as an audio device in Windows, again only from the DAW (reaper, Sonar etc. ). You don't won't to be watching a Youtube video and have the sound come from you POD HD, you want it to come from SB live. You obviously didn't buy it to have it play windows sound or mp3 etc...If you have that setting only limited to when you're recording from REaper or other DWAS, I doubt that you will have any issues as windows will not be communicating with you pod unless you're using USB edit or you just started your DAW to record..

If you are using Windows 7 or 8 try to disable the USB selective suspend setting in the advance power settings.

I had blue screens all the time untill I changed this setting. I think it has something to do with this option disrupting the USB connection which results in BSOD if the POD is connected.

Hello,

I'll preface this by saying I'm new to instrument audio interfaces so excuse my ignorance. I've also googled about these problems and have not found any real help.

I just got the POD Pro a couple of days ago so I could play my guitar through my PC but so far I've had nothing but problems. First is no sound. I cannot for the life of me get sound through my powered speakers. I have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi sound card that the speaker system is connected to. I have read that you need a DAW and set the input to ASIO, I downloaded Reaper to try it out. It detects the POD and I set it to ASIO and nothing. I've read in some places that I may need to just use powered monitors or switch wires back and forth between my sound card and the POD. I just figured it would work using the USB and it would be good to go. So far I only have a headphone guitar amp simulator that I paid around 700 dollars for.

Second is blue screens of death. I'll turn on the POD and it will be ok for a while but if I try to change a setting like in the windows audio devices or in a program like POD HD PRO edit my PC will crash. I've gotten three different blue screens that have ntoskrnl.exe in common the most recent one has L6HDPRO64 in it. I've updated all drivers for my pc even ones for my chipset, usb etc. The only thing I can't update is my graphics card. That's a whole different story. All attempts to update it's driver have failed and I can't figure it out.

Any help on these problems would be great. This was a large chunk of cash to spend if I can't use it. I have around 60 days to return it. I don't want to but I will if I have to.

Sorry if this comes off really negative but I'm kind of frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I haven't had time recently to see if your suggestions have worked yet. I disabled the USB suspend settings first, but I do have some other questions. I checked the utility page on the front of the POD and it said I have flash version 2.10 and usb fw version 0.00. That USB version doesn't seem right to me. Do you think that is related to my problems?

I tried to do the global reset by holding the left button down on the four way control and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

If you are using Windows 7 or 8 try to disable the USB selective suspend setting in the advance power settings.

I had blue screens all the time untill I changed this setting. I think it has something to do with this option disrupting the USB connection which results in BSOD if the POD is connected.

I know this thread is really old, but thanks for this recommendation!  All of a sudden, it made sense.  I was getting the BSOD when my laptop was going into power save mode when not being used after 15 minutes while the HD500 was still hooked up.  Hopefully this will solve my issue!