Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Do You Have The Same Problem With 6th String?

1 hour ago, dukeofdream said:

I’m not convinced that we will actually see a 3rd generation of Variax guitars... We’ll see...

Agreed. Even if there is, I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger again unless there's really a quantum leap with the tech.

• 9 months later...

Getting a clean one doesn't mean it will stay clean. My 89F was perfect the first few years then one day I was finding myself changing strings, turning knobs, doing just about everything I have read here now. I hate the f--ing gutar now, and the fact that Line 6, Yamana or whoever has responsibility now don't care to do anything about it just makes me pissed and furious. I'm actually thinking of crashing my 89F in an upcoming music video just to make my point.... 

2 hours ago, nolcij said:

Getting a clean one doesn't mean it will stay clean. My 89F was perfect the first few years then one day I was finding myself changing strings, turning knobs, doing just about everything I have read here now. I hate the f--ing gutar now, and the fact that Line 6, Yamana or whoever has responsibility now don't care to do anything about it just makes me pissed and furious. I'm actually thinking of crashing my 89F in an upcoming music video just to make my point.... 

Mine stills sounds good...I have my suspicion about the shims Yamaha used under the piezos though.  The only way to really know that is going on is to tap the electronics and look at the signal with an audio analyzer to determine the frequency of the offending signal.  This could be some wonky harmonic in the springs for the Floyd bridge, or metals shims oscillating, or just the Piezos reacting to a stray harmonic and resonating.

If you decide to destroy it on stage in a fit of rage and protest, then be sure to contact all of the PR folks from their competitors first, and let them know why you are doing it.  You might even get them to give you one of their guitars to replace the Yamaha.  ;-) 

You could always gut the electronics, put in some great Seymour Duncan Pickups and sell off the old internals.  Message me when you go that route.  ;-) 

16 hours ago, novumlucis said:

If you decide to destroy it on stage in a fit of rage and protest, then be sure to contact all of the PR folks from their competitors first, and let them know why you are doing it.  You might even get them to give you one of their guitars to replace the Yamaha.  ;-) 

I love a good old fashioned righteous indignation rage fit, don't you? ;) Especially on stage... it's good for knocking a few points of the diastolic. Of course, unless he's a platinum selling artist he most likely will not be invited back to play at Walt's Trout Hut again, but that's show business.  Destroy on, friend!  Lmao...

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 7:58 PM, novumlucis said:

Mine stills sounds good...I have my suspicion about the shims Yamaha used under the piezos though.  The only way to really know that is going on is to tap the electronics and look at the signal with an audio analyzer to determine the frequency of the offending signal.  This could be some wonky harmonic in the springs for the Floyd bridge, or metals shims oscillating, or just the Piezos reacting to a stray harmonic and resonating.

You could always gut the electronics, put in some great Seymour Duncan Pickups and sell off the old internals.  Message me when you go that route.  ;-) 

Perhaps he could give it to you? Didn't you say you were looking for one?